FROM: 325 FSS/FSFC
SUBJECT: Child Care Fee Changes, 2 Nov 15
1. The Department of Defense has released the School Year (SY) 2015-2016 Child Care Fee policy. This year’s policy includes adjustments to the category and fee ranges. Air Force is continuing the multiple child discounts. Families will continue to pay the full fee for the first child and receive a 10% discount for multiple children enrolled in the Child Development Center (CDC) and School Age (SAP) programs.
2. Attached you will find an updated chart with the new weekly fees. Families are required to fill out a DD Form 2652, Application for Department of Defense Child Care Fees, and return to the program along with a copy of the families’ most recent Leave and Earning Statement (LES)/pay stub(s) to be included in their package. Families choosing not to provide proof of income must fill in the name of the child, sponsor, spouse, address and phone number on DD Form 2652 and will be placed in Category 9. Completed registration packets will be accepted starting on 15 Sept 15. The last day of registration will be 28 Sept 15. Parents are reminded only complete and accurate registration packets will be accepted. New fees will be implemented 2 Nov 15.
3. Fees are based on Total Family Income (TFI), not rank. When calculating TFI, military income is considered all pay and allowances listed on the member’s LES, except for Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH). In lieu of BAH, TFI includes the appropriate Non-Locality Basic Allowance for Housing with Dependents rate (BAH RC/T) for all members, regardless of whether they live in government contracted housing or off the installation. For dual military members, BAH/RC/T with Dependent Rates will be used for the senior member, only.
4. Beginning this SY, higher income contractor employees in Category 9, will no longer receive DoD child care fee assistance in military child development centers or school age care programs. In addition, contractor employees in Category 9 will no longer receive a reduction in fees for additional children in the same family.
5. The Child Care Food Program Child Participation Form is also attached and required for our program to participate in the Food Program. It needs to be signed and returned with your complete registration packet.
TYNDALL CHILD DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM FEE - School Year (SY) 2015-2016