The Anugerah Meletop Era SMS VOTING (“Voting”) is organized by Measat Broadcast Network Systems Sdn Bhd (“Astro”) for viewers of the Astro service to vote for their favourite nominee in the award show entitled “Anugerah Meletop Era”.
Anugerah Meletop Era is a public choice award show that is designed especially for our local celebrities, which is broadcasted on the Astro Ria & Maya HD channel. There are total of 16 categories listed for the award and there are Top 5 nominees under each category.
The Voting shall be held from 1800hrs on29 January 2015 to 1200hrs on 22 February 2015 or such other time as may be determined by Astro (“Voting Period”) at its sole discretion. The closing of voting may as well be determined upon official announcement or any other authorised representative of Astro. The winner of each category will be 100% determined by the votings.
The Voting is open to subscribers of prepaid and post-paid services of Maxis, DiGi and Celcom providing Short Messaging System (“SMS”) services in Malaysia (“Voters”).
There will be only one (1) method for Voters to submit their votes which is via Short Messaging System ( “SMS”) as follows:
(a) Each vote sent by Voters will be subject to a premium charge of RM0.50 per vote. This charge is in addition to the standard fee charged by the Voter’s telecommunications service provider.
(b) If a SMS sent is not valid, the Voter will be notified by his/her telecommunications service provider via SMS.
(c) For the avoidance of doubt, charges will be imposed on each vote sent and not per SMS. For example, if a Voter submits a “AME3” SMS, he/she will be charged for three (3) votes.
(d) Voters shall be solely responsible for all charges and costs incurred as a result of his/her participation in the Voting including (without limitation) all charges imposed by the Voter’s telecommunications service provider.
3. Voting Entries (a) Each vote shall be deemed as a voting entry by the Voter (“Voting Entry”).
(b) Voters can send in as many Voting Entries as they wish.
(c) Voters must ensure that their Voting Entries are complete and accurate. Astro shall have the right to disqualify Voting Entries which are incomplete, invalid or not made in accordance with the Terms and Conditions herein.
(d) Voters under the age of eighteen (18) must seek parental and/or guardian approval before participating in the Voting. Astro considers it the responsibility of parents and/or guardian to monitor their children’s (who are below the requisite age) participation in this Voting.
(e) Where applicable, Voters must obtain consent from the telecommunications service Bill Payers before participating in the Voting. Payment shall be made irrespective of whether such SMS/votes were authorised by the Bill Payer. For the purposes herein, the term "Bill Payer" shall mean the individual, company or entity specified in the registration or subscription form whose application for the relevant telecommunication service has been approved and accepted by the telecommunication service provider it subscribes to. Astro will not entertain any complaints (whether made orally or in writing) concerning such unauthorized SMS/votes made by Voters.
4. Proof of Receipt
(a) Proof of Voting Entry sent by a Voter does not constitute proof that the Voting Entry was received by Astro.
5. Use of Mobile Numbers (a) Astro and/or its affiliates reserve the right to send SMS messages to the Voters’ mobile phone numbers containing information and/or promotional activities.
(b) If a Voter does not wish to receive such SMS messages the Voter is required to call and inform Astro accordingly by calling Astro’s call centre at 1-300-82-3838.
6. Adherence to Voting Terms and Conditions (a) All Voters shall be required to adhere to these Voting Terms and Conditions including any changes made thereto.
7. Variation to the Terms and Conditions (a) Astro reserves the right to change, amend, delete or add to these Voting Terms and Conditions without prior notice at any time and the Voters shall be bound to such changes.
8. Exclusion of Liability Astro will not be responsible or liable for:
(a) any problem, loss or damage of whatsoever nature suffered by any party due to any delay and/or failure in receiving and sending a SMS as a result of any network, telecommunication or system error, interruption and/or failure experienced by the Voter’s telecommunication service provider and/or by Astro and/or resulting from participation in the Voting howsoever arising. In the event of such error, interruption and/or failure, Astro shall not be responsible or liable for any failure by any Voter to participate in the Voting at any time;
(b) any problem, damage or loss of whatsoever nature suffered by the Voters, or their authorised representatives resulting from their participation in the Voting;
(c) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, destruction, alteration of or unauthorized Voting Entries howsoever arising (including without limitation as a result of server malfunctions, virus, bugs, human or technical error or other causes outside its control); and
(d) any other errors, acts or omissions whatsoever by the participating telecommunication service providers of the Voting.
9. Disqualification (a) Without prejudice to any rights which Astro may have in law, Astro reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any Vote that it determines to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Voting, to be acting in breach or potential breach of these Voting Terms and Conditions.
10. Suspension (a) Astro further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, suspend or delay the Voting in the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond its reasonable control or for any reasons whatsoever at the sole and absolute discretion of Astro.
11. Governing Law (a) These Voting Terms and Conditions shall be construed, governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Malaysia.
12. Astro’s Decision (a) All decisions made by Astro pertaining to all aspects of the Voting including without limitation the process and manner the votes are counted and vote results shall be final and no correspondence shall be entertained.
* * * * *