a. grow b. become thicker c. become demineralized d. become stronger e. become calcified
Short Answer (31-40)
Please answer these on the back of your ScanTron sheet 31. In the blood, calcium phosphate forms crystals called ___.
32. The ___ supply blood to the diaphysis of the bone.
33. During the process of ___, existing material is replaced by bone.
34. The bone is surrounded by a membrane called the ___.
35. ___ prevents damaging bone-to-bone contact within movable joints.
36. ___ is responsible for the production of erythrocytes (red blood cells).
37. The vessels that supply the epiphyseal plates with blood are called:
38. Fractured bone will usually repair if the ___ has not been disrupted.
39. Young adults usually have all skeletal material replaced every ___ years.
40. ___ is a bone disease (usually in old age) that allows demineralization of the bone, but does not allow replacement of the bone material.\