This position is responsible for providing a referral intake service for potential eye tissue donors, presenting the option of donation and providing professional liaison service to hospitals and funeral homes to coordinate donor procurement. All responsibilities should be performed within the scope of GEB’s missions and values.
- Assist the Donor Coordinator Supervisor in various assigned duties.
- Adhere to the Eye Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: - Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university) preferred; relevant work experience may be substituted for academic requirements.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Must have valid driver’s license and insured automobile.
- Ability to interface with peers and hospital personnel on assignments.
- Excellent telephone and communication skills.
- Position may require Saturday and/or Sunday work.
- Position may require evening/night shift work.
The incumbent should understand that the aforementioned job description only outlines certain requirements for this position. At the discretion of the COO or the President/CEO, this job description may be amended as deemed necessary for the incumbent to render a more efficient and effective operation.