- Define geography
- Explains the scope and importance of geography
- Students draws references from the local environment to explain the term geography.
- Guide discussions on ;
a) location, position, size of FCT,
b) political divisions,
c) physical setting etc.
2. Uses the model to guide students to identify and describe components of solar system.
3. Guides discussions on:
a) shapes and size of the earth, 2) position of the earth in relation to the sun.
4. model the Solar System
Globe, Aerial photographs of the earth,
2. guide discussions on effects of the earth’s rotation and revolution
Globe, slide, Torch light and any source of light, diagrams
Equator, Relationship with major regions of the world. The meridian and the time zones etc
- Calculate local time of places from Longitudes.
- composition of the spheres
- characteristics of crust, mantle etc
- explains relationship between the spheres etc
Illustrative diagrams, sketches, models of the cross section of earth’s interior
-Initiate and guide discussions on : structure, colour, texture, permeability of rock types,
- Process of formation of igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic rocks.
- Mode of formation and importance of rock.
- Prepare an album of rocks in the locality
-Takes students on guided tour of locality to observe highland and lowland in the locality
- Initiate discussions on :
- characteristics of mountain types, types of lowland processes of formation,
- Importance and disadvantages etc
STUDENTS: Participate in guided tour to observe mountains and lowlands
- Conduct outdoor activities for students to observe the environment
- Guide class discussions on; classification of environment(physical, social, cultural
- Recognize components of the environment into 3 major domains
- Weather elements and their attributes
- importance of weather on physical and human activities
- Guides students to make measurements and keep weather records
- Guides students to discussing factors affecting climate with examples.
- Uses maps to help students describe the location and position of Nigeria with respect to her neighbours
- Guides students to;
- Describe location of states and their capitals with reference to latitudes and longitudes
- Determine size, area, landmarks of Nigeria
- Draw political maps of Nigeria, insert states and their headquarters
- Discuss Nigeria’s climate, characteristics of different seasons etc. Discuss drainage of Nigeria.
- Draw a map of Nigeria showing relief and drainage distribution.
- Draws the political map of Nigeria showing the states capitals and local government headquarters
- Draw relief map of Nigeria and linking it with drainage distribution of Nigeria.
INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS: Atlas, political maps of Nigeria, Globe, illustrative diagrams and sketches.
-Population quality, population movement, data and their sources and problems of data
-Discuss the importance of these resources to Nigeria’s economy
-Identify and classify Nigeria’s resources
-Draw a map of Nigeria and insert various resources
Pictures, slides, Maps