2:00pm at the Watering Hole
Homebrew Rules PART II - How to Enter This Competition
1. How do I enter? (a) Fill out the entry form. (b) Fold and rubber band the entry form around each of your bottles. Your entry will be disqualified if you use glue or tape to secure the forms to the bottles. (c) Deliver your entries to the Box Butte County Fairgrounds Beer Garden by 1:00pm August 9, 2017.
2. Which category do I enter? This is up to you. Enter your brew in the category and subcategory where you feel it will perform best. Judges do not see your entry form. Judges or organizers may reclassify your entry. If your beer falls outside of the category's style guidelines, your beer will not be disqualified.
3. What kind of bottles are required? Every bottle must be 10 to 14 ounces in volume, brown or green glass, and free of any labels. Obliterate any lettering or graphics on the cap with a permanent black marker. Bottles with Grolsch-type swing tops are not allowed. Corked bottles meeting the above restrictions are acceptable; however, you must crimp a crown cap over the cork. Bottles with a stopper and wire cage are acceptable. Bottles not meeting these requirements will be disqualified.
4. How many bottles do I need? Please provide two (2) bottles for your entry.
5. What is the entry fee? $5 PER ENTRY
6. Are there entry limitations?. (a) Homebrew means home. Your homebrew must not be brewed at a place that brews beverages commercially, whether for research, production or any other purpose, including brewpubs and other brew-on-premise establishments. (b) You must list the name of any and all individuals who helped brew this beer under "Co-brewer" on your entry form. BEING LISTED AS A "CO-BREWER" DOES NOT EXCLUDE SOMEONE FROM SENDING IN THEIR OWN ENTRY. (c) First place winners of each category judged will be announced the day of the competition.
Entry form must be received at the beer garden at the Box Butte County Fair by 1:00pm Wednesday, August 9, 2017. Additional information may be obtained by calling office 308-487-5223