Actuality of theme: A specific of terms is cavities of mouth, stopping functions in which, the anatomic features of temporal and permanent teeth explain absence to this time of material which would answer all of requirements. For achievement of optimum clinical effect at stopping of teeth for children and for adults it is very important to have material which next to all owned other properties and aesthetically beautiful peculiarities a doctor. In addition had sufficient durability and beautiful operating properties.
2. Concrete aims: to learn classification, composition basic properties of Glass Ionomer Cements. To learn to differentiate the systems of different generations, know their composition, properties and method of the use. To know instruments and materials for eventual treatment of stoppings.
Able defirintiation temporal and permanent teeth. To know the anatomic features of temporal teeth depending on the stage of development of tooth.
To know basic methods and principles of preparing of teeth in grown man age. Oriented in the choice of instruments for realization of that or other manipulation. Able to pick up stopping material depending on a situation.
Oriented in materials which are utillized in the clinic of orthopaedic stomatology.
3. Base knowledges, abilities, habits which are necessary for study the topic.
To know instruments for preparation of stopping material and auxiliary facilities for stopping of carious cavities.
To know instruments and materials for eventual treatment of stoppings.
Polimerizetion is provided under the influence of light with wave length 450 nm
4.2. List of basic terms, parameters, descriptions which a student must learn at preparation to lesson:
Universal dental device
mounted in one aggregate, it is a complex of apparatus and adaptations which are necessary for the specialized dental help a patient.
Devices which serve for fixing of all of circulating instruments at therapeutic and orthopaedic works.
Circulating instruments by which conduct preparing of hard tissue of teeth. The dental drills are made for mechanical and turbine dental handpieces.
General dental instruments
Basic instruments which are in the tray of doctor: dental probe, twizer, mirror, excavator, plugger, smoother.
4.3. Theoretical questions for lesson:
1. To know instruments for preparation of stopping material and anditional remedies for filling of carious cavities.
2. To know instruments and materials for eventual treatment of filling.
3. To write classification of composition materials.
4. To transfer basic positive and negative properties of Glass Ionomer Cements of the chemical hardening.
6. To write the stages of stopping of carious cavity Glass Ionomer Cements of the chemical hardening.
4.4. Practical tasks which are executed on the lesson:
1. To prepare Glass Ionomer Cements of chemical hardening as consolidation carious cavity.
2. To seal Glass Ionomer Cements of chemical hardening as consolidation carious cavity of a 1 class by Blek.
3. To seal Glass Ionomer Cements of chemical hardening as consolidation carious cavity of a 2 class by Blek.
4. To seal Glass Ionomer Cements of chemical hardening as consolidation carious cavity of a 3 class by Blek.
5. To seal Glass Ionomer Cements of chemical hardening as consolidation carious cavity of a 5 class by Blek.
5. Plan and organizational structure of lesson from discipline.
Distributing of time
Types of control
Facilities of education
Practical tasks, situational tasks, verbal questioning, are after the standardized lists of questions.
Textbooks, manuals, methodical recommendations.
Oh the Organizational questions.
Forming of motivation.
Initial level of knoweledge .
Control of final level of preparation.
General estimation of educational activity of student.
Informing of students is about the topic of next lesson.
Content of topic:
Composition and reaction. The cement powder is a finely ground aluminosilicate glass, and the viscous liquid is a polycarboxylate copolymer in water. One product (Ketac-Cem) supplies a powder coated with polyacrylic acid copolymers. It is mixed with a low-viscosity liquid to form the cement. The components of glass ionomer cements react to form cross-linked gel matrix surrounding the partially reacted powder particles. Chelation between the polycarboxylate molecules and calcium on the surface of the room results in a chemical (adhesive) bond.
Properties. The mechanical properties of glass ionomer cement are compared with other high-strength cements in tab.1. Because of fluoride incorporated in the powder, the cement has an anticariogenic effect as it is leached out. The ionomer cements have relatively high early solubility compared with that of other cements, and the complete setting reaction takes about 1 day. Retention of glass ionomer cements is primarily micromechanical, though some chemical bonding occurs.
Manipulation. Shake the powder bottle gently before dispensing. Dispense the powder and the liquid onto a paper pad or glass slab. Divide the powder into two equal portions. Mix the first portion of powder with a stiff spatula into the liquid before adding the next portion. The mixing time should be 30 to 60 seconds, depending on the product. One product (Ketac-Cem Maxicaps) is encapsulated and requires a 10-second mechanical mixing. Use the cement immediately because the working time after mixing is about 2 minutes at 220 C. Avoid using the cement once a “skin” forms on the surface or when the consistency becomes noticeably thicker. During application, avoid contact with water; isolate the field completely. The cement sets in the mouth in about 7 minutes from the start of mixing. Apply the coating agent supplied with the cement immediately to exposed cement margins.