II. True or False:
8. Hematopoiesis refers to the formation of blood cells within the red marrow cavities of certain bones.
9. Boney depressions allow for growth of the brain in infants.
10. Ribs numbered 11 & 12 are true ribs because they have no anterior attachments.
11. The layman’s name for the scapula is the collarbone.
12. Costal cartilages join ribs to the sternum.
13. In anatomical position, the lateral forearm bone is the radius.
III. Multiple choice:
14. Which of the following is NOT a function of the skeletal system:
A. support B. storage of minerals C. production of blood cells D. movement
15. The axial skeleton contains:
A. the skull, vertebral column, & pelvis B. arms, legs, hands, & feet
C. the skull, vertebral column, & rib cage D. the shoulder & pelvic girdles
16. The sutures that connects the 2 paretal bones together is the _____ suture.
A. Coronal B. squamosal C. lambdoidal D. sagittal
A. occipital bone B. temporal bone
A. parietal bone B. ethmoid bone C. sphenoid bone D. temporal bone
A. 5; 7 B. 5; 2 C. 7; 5 D. 7; 2
A. tibia B. Humerus C. femur D. ulna
A. distal & middle phalanges B. metatarsals 1 & 2
C. talus & calcaneus D. cuboid & 3rd cuneiform
25. Give the medical name for the distal head of the tibia:
26. How many bones are in the adult human body?
27. Give the medical name for the heel bone.
28. A fracture where the bone break cleanly but does not penetrate the skin is termed a ______ Fx.
V. Identify the Diagrams: