Reason for the use of fluoride trays For the reasons we have talked about, you are at high risk to get more cavities in the future. Treating your teeth daily with a prescription strength fluoride (like PreviDent Gel) can help lower the number of cavities you get. Using the clear soft trays we have made to cover your teeth is one of the best ways to get this fluoride every day at home.
Directions for use of fluoride trays This is best done the very last thing before bedtime every night so the fluoride can treat the teeth all during the night.
1) Clean your teeth well.
2) Place a thin line of PreviDent Gel inside each of the soft trays into the depressions where your teeth fit. You need enough so that some oozes out from under the tray when you snap it over your teeth. Over time you will learn how much to use. It is better to have a little too much than too little.
3) Snap the trays with the PreviDent Gel onto your teeth. Spit out the extra that oozes out from under the trays. Do not rinse.
4) Leave the trays on your teeth for 5 minutes
5) Remove the trays. Spit out the extra PreviDent Gel. DO NOT RINSE. You do not want to drink or eat anything for at least 30 minutes. It is even better if you do this at bedtime so that the fluoride stays on for even longer.
6) Rinse out the fluoride trays well with water and store them in the denture cup we gave you. At least once a week soak them in any denture cleanser like Polident or Efferdent.