to loving God, His word, His people and His mission. I.
Time, Place and Attendance The Board of Trustees of the Orlando Church of Christ, Inc. was duly convened and held a regular meeting at the time, on the day, and at the place set forth as follows:
Time: 6:00 p.m., Local Time
Place: Orlando Church of Christ Multipurpose Facility
2400 South Goldenrod Road
Orlando, FL 32822
The following Board members were present:Reggie Price, Brandon Redler, Eddie Francis, Lisa Powell, Doug Kelly, and Richard Runge. Also in attendance was Kathy Crites (Financial Consultant). Jeff Sabotin chaired the meeting.
Call to Order and Quorum Jeff Sabotin determined a quorum was present and called the meeting to order with a prayer at 6:24 p.m.
Review of Minutes Brandon Redler moved for the approval of the minutes from the June 16, 2016 Board Meeting. Eddie Francis seconded the motion. Motion unanimously carried.
The chair introduced the Agenda (attached)for the meeting.
1. Eddie Francis – Clarify the Ministry $3,850.60 and Worship Expenses $1,331.68 for the Space Coast Church of Christ shown on the Variance Report ended March 31, 2016. The amounts listed are higher than typical amounts. Kathy Crites clarified that this is part of the Space Coast Church ramping up process and most likely was used for purchasing equipment. The Space Coast church has $5000 for startup and they have not yet spent all budgeted funds.
No further Board activity is required on this item.
2. All Trustees and J.P. Tynes – review/edit of assigned chapters from Minimum Standards [Corporate, Financial, and Risk Management Policies and Procedures Applicable to Church Operations] Use centralized google document for editing. Board members need to continue to edit sections in the google doc. This will continue as an action item until standards are updated. Action item added for September 15th meeting
3. Social Media Guidelines – review document submitted from Richard Runge on April 5th
The Board reviewed the Social Media Guidelines.
Reggie Price moved to accept the Social Media Guidelines and for the Board to make a recommendation to church leadership to poll the church members to see who has the technical knowledge to possibly be involved in maintaining the Church’s social media sites. Brandon Redler seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously. Discussion took place on including some information about Social Media Guidelines in the bulletin or on the web site. Eddie Francis will modify the membership cards to change the check box from web site to social media. Action item added for September 15th meeting
Review Financial Statements Kathy Crites presented the financial documents for the year through June 2016. Attention was focused on budget shortfall for 2016 for the Orlando Church. The financial documents also included information on the Space Coast Church. Kathy recommended that the Space Coast Church variance report be communicated to Tom Kuhn.
Kathy Crites also reviewed the upcoming projected changes to expenses for the remainder of 2016. The 5 Year projection for the Orlando Church was also presented in order to discuss sustainability. If weekly offering revenues stay the same, the Orlando Church has enough money in reserves to cover projections through 2017 and the Orlando Church will be in deficit starting year 2018.
Discussion took place on University and East region transitioning to using the building or another location other than University High School.
Brandon Redler moved to approve the June 30, 2016 Financial Statements. Eddie Francis seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously.
Kathy Crites will communicate the Space Coast Church variance report to Tom Kuhn.
Review Policies & Procedures Nothing new to report.
Finance Committee Meeting Agenda/Plan – Jeff Sabotin recorded agenda items during discussion. Message to the group of “100” needs to convey that the Orlando Church needs their help to find a solution and that those in attendance are not expected to write checks at this meeting. Some of the items discussed for the agenda include;
Explain why they are at the meeting
Break into small groups
Present solutions brought forth from small groups
Discussion also including providing the agenda to the meeting invitees before the meeting.
2020 WDS – Nothing new to report at this time. No additional Board action required at this time.
Special Contribution Resolution – This item was an addition to the original agenda.
An edited version of the Special Contribution Resolution (originally approved and signed on January 28, 2016) was brought before the Board. The edit added clarification that no portion of the “Weekly Giving” or “Local Missions” portion of the 2016 Special Contribution would be allocated to the Space Coast Church. This change was recommended by Kathy Crites because the Space Coast Church does not yet have its own 501c status. The edited resolution was signed by the Board.
Outstanding items - An incident report was submitted for the following individuals: (Redacted). Nothing needs to be reported to insurance.
Board Training Nothing new to report.
Officer records all discussion, votes and Resolutions
Schedule Next Meeting of the Board The next meeting of the Board will be held on September 15, 2016, at 6:00 pm at the Orlando Church of Christ Multipurpose Facility.
Adjourn the Meeting There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 9:30 p.m. Reggie Price moved to adjourn the meeting. Richard Runge seconded the motion. The motion unanimously carried.
1. All Trustees and J.P. Tynes – review/edit of assigned chapters from Minimum Standards [Corporate, Financial, and Risk Management Policies and Procedures Applicable to Church Operations] Use centralized google document for editing.
2. Eddie Francis –Check with Aneda to see why Photo Consent and Release Form was included in packet handed out for July 21, 2016 meeting.
3. Eddie Francis – Modify Membership Card to reflect “Social Media” instead of “Website”
4. Eddie Francis – Update website to reflect current Board and upload current redacted minutes.
Agenda for the Meeting
of the Board of Trustees of
Orlando Church of Christ, Inc.
A Florida Nonprofit Religious Corporation Mission Statement
In view of God’s grace and mercy, we devote ourselves
to loving God, His word, His people and His mission. July 21, 2016
Call to Order
Corporate Secretary Determines whether Quorum is Present
Review Minutes from Previous Meeting
Report on Action Items
Review Weekly Giving
Review Policies & Procedures
Items/Resolutions for Discussion/Ratification/Approval