Interpretation of physical and cultural features:
- Solve problems on how scales of map can change when maps are reduced or enlarged.
- carry out practical work on map interpretation
- Maps, sketches, Ruler, Drawing paper slides
- Uses maps, diagrams, pictures to guide students to identify transportation types.
- Merits and Demerits of each type of transportation
- Importance and problems of transportation.
- Locate major industrial regions on a world map
- Identify and describe major industries
- Takes students out to visit industries in the locality
- Pay visit to local industries
- World maps, sketches, Films, pictures
- Explains concepts of GIS and Geographic data
- Guides discussions on ;
- Sources of geographic data e.g maps, data from field work, satellite images etc
- Geo-referencing for GIS data
- Importance of GIS
- identify GIS hardware
- identify the various software and their uses
- use GIS hardware e.g Digitizer, GPS, Computer etc
- Initiate discussions on data types components of GIS, procedures etc
Students :Manipulate/use the GPS, Digitizer and computer to process geographic data
- Sketches showing components of GIS
- Slides, GPS, Printer etc.
- Initiates the discussion leading to ;
- Definition and explanation of major terms associated with actions of running water.
- Use of diagrams to explain processes of river erosion ; Corrosion, attrition, hydraulic action
- Processes of river transport: use of diagrams to describe landforms in various stages of river development.
Students : Draw diagrams or models showing various landforms associated with stages of river development
- participate in guided tour to observe some of these landforms
- Pictures, slides, models, illustrated diagrams.
- Drainage pattern-Dentritic, trellised and radial
- Processes of wind erosion
- Formation and characteristics of wind erosion
- Landforms , mode of formation and characteristics of wind deposition landforms
- Uses pictures, models to :
- explain characteristics features of landforms in glacier regions
- Help students locate the countries/regions where these landforms are found
Advantages and disadvantages of: