B. In the last class, Mary asked too many questions.
43. A. The prescribe medicine isn't working.
B. The prescribed medicine isn't working.
44. A. You have written an excellent paper.
B. You have wrote an excellent paper.
WRITE IN THE CORRECT FORM OF THE IRREGULAR VERBS BELOW.
Last October we 45._____________ (to swim) in the lagoon, out where the old freighter had 46._____________ (to sink). We 47._____________ (to ride) our bikes to the park and Bobby 48._____________ (to lead) us to Bristle Cove where we 49. _____________ (to dive) off the rocks into the cold water. It 50. _____________ (to be) late in the season, but the water had not 51._____________ (to freeze), and we 52._____________ (to wear) wetsuits.
He 53. _____________ (to fly) to Vancouver in September. He 54._____________ (to choose) to fly United Airlines, which had 55._____________ (to run) ads all that summer.) His granchildren had 56._____________ (to grow) up there and he hadn't 57._____________ (to see) them in years. He hadn't 58._____________ (to write) to them or 59._____________ (to speak) on the phone with them, either. At the Vancouver airport, he 60._____________ (to drag) his suitcase to a rental car and 61._____________ (to drive) to their home to surprise them. He 62._____________ (to take) his time walking up the driveway, and then he 63. _____________ (to ring) the doorbell.
Juan 64. _____________ (to lie) on the couch and his sister 65. _____________ (to sit) on the floor nearby. Gordo, their hairy dog, 66._____________ (to shake) himself violently and Juan 67._____________ (to rise) from the couch. "I 68. _____________ (to throw) the frisbee to this mutt all morning," he 69._____________ (to say). "And we 70._____________ (to run) around the park twice, and he still wants to play."
WRITE OUT THE POSSESSIVE (EXAMPLE: “MS. SCHONHAR’S CHAIR” FOR “THE CHAIR OF MS. SCHONHAR”)
71. the daughter of Mrs. Memechose _________________
72. pies that belong to the clowns _________________
73. the Picture of Dorian Gray _________________
74. the breakfast of the dog _________________
75. the project of Guillaume and Henri _________________
76. the motorbikes of Janice and Phil _________________
77. the door that belongs to it _________________
78. the fleas that belong to the circus _________________
79. the lair of the white worm _________________
80. the hound of the Baskervilles _________________
81. the speech of the president _________________
82. reflection of the mirror _________________
83. the research of Dr. Cranium _________________
84. books that belong to the library _________________
85. the antlers of the deer (singular) _________________
Correct the following sentences to make them parallel.
86. We must either raise revenues or it will be necessary to reduce expenses.
87. Stoics deny the importance of such things as wealth, good looks, and having a good reputation.
88. In his farewell address to the army, the general praised his soldiers for their unsurpassed courage and gave thanks because of their devotion.
89. The crowd that had gathered outside the court was loud and they were angry.
90. The police have a duty to serve the community, safeguard lives and property, protect the innocent against deception, and they must respect the constitutional rights of all.