• Diagnosis and Treatment of Common Oral Conditions - William K. Bottomley, DDS, MS
• Clinical Advances in Dental Implants - Oded Bahat, BDS, MSD, Glen P. McGivney, DDS, Roland M. Meffert, DDS
Northeastern Society of Periodontists Meeting, Nov. 9, 1990
• Schilder, H. Endodontics - Periodontal Inter-Relationship
• Kalkwarf K., Periodontal Modes of Treatment - Regenerative and Non-Regenerative
• Langer, B. Long -Term Results and Future Trends of Periodontal Therapy
• Sascha A. Jovanovic, Clinical Implications of Current Investigations in Material Response
• Michael S. Block, Indications for HA-Coated Implants vs. Titanium
• Philip Worthington, the Two-Stage Implant Systems
• Hans Peter Weber, Advantages of Non-Submerged (One Stage) Implants
• Thomas J. Balshi, Overload Management of Osseointegrated Fixtures to Achieve Optimum Bone Remodeling Through Multi Stage Prosthodontic Loading
• John Davies, The Possible Effect of Micromotion of the Bone-Implant Interface
• Dr. Jack T. Krauser, Hydroxylapatite Coated Implant Systems: Meeting the Challenge
• Dr. Leonard Linkow, What Type of Implants are Best for Different Situations? A 30 year Retrospective Look into the Future
• Dr. Gerald A. Niznick, Implant Design Selection Based on Cortical bone Quality and Location
• Dr. W. Eugene Roberts, Histological Response of bone Around Rigid Endosseous Implants
• Dr. Stanley A. Small, Clinical Experiences in the Sinus Lift Procedure
• Dr. George A. Zarb, Toronto, Canada
Osseointegration and complications -
• Robert J. Weyant, Should There Be a National Data Bank For Monitoring Dental Implants?
• William R. Laney, Tissue-Integrated Prosthesis Complications
• Tomas Albrektsson, Direct anchored implants
• Robert M. Pilliar, Design and Application of Porous-Surfaced Endosseous Dental Implants
• Vincent Iacono, Clinical and Microbial Assessment of Implants in Periodontally Compromised Patients
• Stephen Cook, Mechanical and Histologic Evaluation of Dental Implant Attachment
• John Brunski, Response of Osseointegrated Interfaces to Modeling, Remodeling
Clinical Considerations with Dental Implants
• Gerald A. Niznick, Casting To Titanium Alloy-Interface Properties and Clinical Applications
• Daniel Buser, Tissue reactions to ITI Implants-Current Status and Outlook into The Future
• Axel Kirsch, Long-Term Soft Tissue Interface with IMZ Implants in Partially Edentulous
Patients - A Clinical Perspective
• Ross Beiren, Comparison of Branemark, Core-vent, IMZ and Integral Implants
• James T. Mellonig, Guided Tissue Regeneration around Implants
• Elof Eriksson, Extra-Oral Application of Osseointegrated Implants
• Dr. Brunski, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York; Consultant to FDA
on pre-market approvals for dental implant systems
• Dr. Kay, Founder and President of Bio-Interfaces, San Diego, CA
• Dr. Kirsch, Pioneer in Implantology
• Dr. Lazzara, Diplomate, American Society of osseointegration
• Dr. Listgarten, Professor of Periodontics
• Dr. Rosenberg, Clinical Professor of Periodontics
• Dr. Prestipino, “The all ceramicore implant abutment”
• Dr. Strid, Professor of Dental Materials, Science and Biochemistry
• Dr. Linde, Professor and Chairman, Associate Dean for Research and Development
Third Annual NYU Symposium, December 11, 1992
NYU College of Dentistry
• Richard A. Kraut, Osseous Ingrowth into Porous Hydroxylapatite
• Mark, H. Zablotsky, Dana L. Diedrich, Roland M. Meffert, Detoxification of the Endotoxin Infected Hydroxylapatite Coated Implant Surface Using Chemotherapeutic Agents
• Michael S. Block, John N. Kent, Simultaneous Placement of Implants into Extraction Sites, Four Years Experience
• Izchak Barzilay, Gerald N. Graser, Bejan Iranpour, Joseph R. Natiella, Immediate Placement Of Pure Titanium Implants Into Fresh Extraction Sockets Of M. Fascicularis
“Current Concepts in Periodontal Prosthetics”, November 5, 1993.
• Dr. P.D. Miller, "Periodontal Plastic Surgery-Esthetic and Restorative Considerations"
• Dr. Konrad H. Meyenberg, "Esthetic Excellence: Esthetic Problems Related to the
Single Tooth Replacement-A Comparison of Different Treatment Alternatives"
• Dr. Marvin Rosenberg, "Current Concepts in Furcation Management for the
• Dr. Frank M. Spear," Esthetic Management of Gingival Deformities: A Prosthodontist's Perspective."
New York Hilton Hotel
• Dr. Ole T. Jensen "Bone Grafting Around Dental Implants"
• Dr. Thorkild Karring "Dental Implants Fixed With Osseointegration or a Periodontal Ligament"
• Dr. Roland M. Meffert, "How to Repair the Ailing, Failing Implant?"
• Dr. Jack G. Caton, "Factors Involved in Periodontal Regeneration"
• Dr. Gerald M. Bowers, "What is the Role of Bone Grafts in Regenerative Therapy?"
• Dr. Raymond A. Yukna, " Periodontal Regeneration: Where It's At?"
• Dr. Jan Gottlow, "Guided Bone Regeneration Using Bioresorbable and
• Dr. Bertil Friberg, "A New Self-Tapping Implant: The Use in Different Bone Quality
• Dr. Crawford Bain, "Planning for Maximum Implant Success: Learning from Our
• Dr. Gary O'Brien, " Allografting in Implant Dentistry: Progressive Loading and
• Dr. Hans Peter Weber, "The Rationale for the Non-submerged Implant Technique."
• Dr. Carl Misch, "Balancing Stress Factors in Implant Dentistry."
Consensus Conference, An Evidence-based Treatment Approach
June 3-5, 1994 - W.L. Gore and Associates, Los Angeles, CA,
Landmark Symposia of 1994, August 5-7, 1994
“An evidence - based treatment approach: Successful Regenerative Outcomes” - W.L. Gore and Associates, Toronto, Canada,
“Principles of Periodontal Plastic Surgery and Its Role in Implant Dentistry”
“The Potential of Bone and Soft Tissue - What Can We Expect?” New York Marriott Marquis Hotel
“New Horizons in Implant Dentistry: Striving for excellence in Clinical Results and Patient Satisfaction”, December 9, 1994 NYU College of Dentistry
“Current Perspectives on Periodontal Regeneration: Clinical Applications and Future Directions”
“Advanced ‘Hands - On’ Training in Guided Bone Regeneration”
NYU College of Dentistry, New York, New York
Friday June 14
Saturday June 15
Sunday June 16