clothing, jewelry or accessories that desecrates or is disrespectful to any national, provincial flag or nationality (includes confederate flags)
clothing, jewelry or accessories having a message/picture that is obscene, promotes drinking, smoking, substance abuse or contains a statement which is derogatory to any racial, ethnic or religious group, contains double meanings or violent acts;
belt buckles bearing initials that designate gangs or display the confederate flag.
All clothing/attire that would interfere with the student’s ability to work safely in the program area or which disrupts the instructional environment.
Class Dress Code
1. Most of the career opportunities that we study will involve direct contact with customers and the general public. It is highly recommended that you begin to practice grooming and dress habits that will be appropriate in a typical business setting.
2. Headphones are not to be used as a fashion accessory.
3. General lab activities for Hotel Management and Marketing do not require the wearing of safety glasses, unless directed otherwise.
4. Sneakers and rubber soled footwear are acceptable in our lab, but must include a shoe back or strap by the heel to ensure a safe, secure fit.
5. Be aware that if your attire is not in compliance with any other lab/s in our school, you will not be granted permission to conduct any business in those areas. Their requirements may be more stringent for safety reasons, and that takes priority.
6. Your MCTI ID is to be worn on the designated lanyard any time that you are outside of the lab area at MCTI, including outside embarking/disembarking the bus.
7. Certain activities require “professional attire.” In those instances, advance notice is given and the PA DECA Dress Code will be our guiding tool. Copies are available at www.padeca.org as well as in the DECA tab on www.monroecti.org. (Also, be sure to check Mrs. LeCompte’s page under Teachers for assignments and class related messages.) I have read and understand the dress code. I also understand failure to follow the dress code will result in disciplinary action, which may include calling my parent/guardian to come in and bring the appropriate attire to conform to the classroom dress code for my program. ____________________________ ________________________________ _________________