256. Siqueira JF Jr: The etiology of root canal treatment failure: why well-treated teeth can fail, Int Endodon J 34:1, 2001.
257. Siqueira JF Jr, Batista MM, Fraga RC, de Uzeda M: Antibacterial effects of endodontic irrigants on black-pigmented, gram-negative anaerobes and facultative bacteria, J Endodon 24:414, 1998.
258. Siqueira JF Jr, Lima KC, Magalhaes FA, Lopes HP, de Uzeda M: Mechanical reduction of the bacterial population in the root canal by three instrumentation techniques, J Endodon 25:332, 1999.
259. Siqueira JF Jr, Ricas IN, Santos SR, Lima KC, Magalhaes FA, de Uzeda M: Efficacy of instrumentation techniques and irrigation regimens in reducing the bacterial population within root canals, J Endodon 28:181, 2002.
260. Sirén EK, Haapasalo MP, Waltimo TM, Ørstavik D: In vitro antibacterial effect of calcium hydroxide combined with chlorhexidine or iodine potassium iodide on Enterococcus faecalis, Eur J Oral Sci 112:326, 2004.
261. Sjögren U, Figdor D, Persson S, Sundqvist G: Influence of infection at the time of root filling on the outcome of endodontic treatment of teeth with apical periodontitis, Int Endodon J 30:297, 1997.
262. Sjögren U, Figdor D, Spangberg L, Sundqvist G: The antimicrobial effect of calcium hydroxide as a short-term intracanal dressing, Int Dent J 24:119, 1991.
263. Sjögren U, Hagglund B, Sundqvist G, Wing K: Factors affecting the long-term results of endodontic treatment, J Endodon 16:498, 1990.
264. Sjögren U, Sundqvist G: Bacteriological evaluation of ultrasonic root canal instrumentation, Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol 63:366, 1987.
265. Solovyeva AM, Dummer PMH: Cleaning effectiveness of root canal irrigation with electrochemically activated anolyte and catholyte solutions: a pilot study, Int Endodon J 33:494, 2000.
266. Sonntag D, Delschen S, Stachniss V: Root-canal shaping with manual and rotary Ni-Ti files performed by students, Int Endodon J 36:715, 2003.
267. Sonntag D, Guntermann A, Kim SK, Stachniss V: Root canal shaping with manual stainless steel files and rotary Ni-Ti files performed by students, Int Endodon J 36:246, 2003.
268. Southard DW, Oswald RJ, Natkin E: Instrumentation of curved molar root canals with the Roane technique, J Endodon 13:479, 1987.
269. Spångberg L: Instruments, materials, and devices. In Cohen S, Burns RC, editors: Pathways of the Pulp, ed 7, St Louis, 1998, Mosby.
270. Spångberg L, Engstrom B, Langeland K: Biologic effects of dental materials. Part 3. Toxicity and antimicrobial effect of endodontic antiseptics in vitro, Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol 36:856, 1973.
271. Spångberg LSW, Haapasalo M: Rationale and efficacy of root canal medicaments and root filling materials with emphasis on treatment outcome, Endodon Topics 2:35, 2002.
272. Stashenko P, Teles R, D'Souza R: Periapical inflammatory responses and their modulation, Crit Rev Oral Biol Med 9:498, 1998.
273. Stein TJ, Corcoran JF, Zillich RM: Influence of the major and minor foramen diameters on apical electronic probe measurements, J Endodon 16:520, 1990.
274. Stenman E, Spångberg LS: Root canal instruments are poorly standardized, J Endodon 19:327, 1993.
275. Svec T, Powers J: Effects of simulated clinical conditions on nickel-titanium rotary files, J Endodon 25:759, 1999.
276. Svec TA, Powers JM: A method to assess rotary nickel-titanium files, J Endodon 26:517, 2000.
277. Tan BT, Messer HH: The quality of apical canal preparation using hand and rotary instruments with specific criteria for enlargement based on initial apical file size, J Endodon 28:658, 2002.