From Bradys’ Emergency Care 10th Edition
2. What position should the pressure regulator be in when preparing the oxygen delivery system?
3. How often should oxygen cylinders be hydrostatically tested?
4. Which type of breathing is evidenced by a crowing sound?
5. Which takes priority when treating a patient?
6. Which airway adjunct is an oral airway?
8. What is the reduction of breathing to the point that it cannot support life?
9. What should be placed above the patient's head when positioning him for basic life support?
10. What is the point that breathing stops called?
11. What is used to lubricate the tubing of the nasopharyngeal airway?
12. What should be done immediately after the oxygen delivery device is placed on the patient?
13. How should the adjunct be removed from the patient's mouth?
14. What should be the last thing tried when the chest does not rise while performing one-rescuer BVM ventilation?
15. Which is a larger catheter size?
16. What is the second step taken when administering oxygen?
17. How long should each breath be delivered to an adult with the pocket mask?
18. What causes most of the airway problems?
19. What shape should be formed around the ventilation port when performing one-rescuer bag-valve mask (BVM) ventilation?
20. Which type of airway adjunct rests in the pharynx?
21. How many milliliters of air are required to be delivered to the patient per the American Heart Association?
22. Which position must the pressure-compensated flowmeter be placed in to be used?
23. How many respirations per minute should the bag valve mask be set to when treating an infant who is not breathing at all?
24. Which is useful for most portable units?
26. Which is a typical size of nasopharyngeal airway used on adults in the field?
27. What type of airway obstruction is indicated when inspirations are prolonged?
28. Which should be used when the patient is only able to speak 3 to 4 word sentences?
29. What is the oxygen concentration of a nasal cannula?
30. What is the normal respiration rate of an adult?
31. Where is gentle pressure applied to tilt the patient's head back when performing the head-tilt, chin-lift maneuver?
32. What is the last step taken when preparing the oxygen delivery system?
33. Which sign would lead the EMT-B to start using assisted ventilation?
34. How long should the main valve be "cracked" when preparing the oxygen delivery system?
35. What percentage of oxygen is delivered with the flow-restricted, oxygen-powered ventilation device?
36. What can be used to clear a clog in the suction tubing?
37. Which is considered a medical hazard of using oxygen therapy?
38. When should the bag be squeezed when performing artificial ventilation on a patient?
39. What is the minimum pressure reading that is considered safe for an oxygen cylinder?
40. Which position of the patient is most ideal when performing suctioning?
41. What level of oxygen flow (liters per minute) is allowed from the bag-valve mask?
42. Which is NOT a difference of the pediatric patient and the adult patient in terms of airway management?
44. Which is the method of last resort?
45. What is the maximum amount of time that suctioning should take place in one session?
46. Which is NOT a sign of inadequate ventilation?
47. When does the inspiratory pressure relief valve open on the flow-restricted, oxygen-powered ventilation device?
48. What should the label say on a cylinder of medical grade oxygen?
49. Which two landmarks should be used to determine the correct size oropharyngeal airway to use?
50. What is used to stabilize the patient's head when performing the jaw-thrust maneuver?
51. What must be available and ready for use when opening a patient's airway?
52. What is the minimum flow rate when using a nonrebreather mask?
53. Which direction should the bevel of the nasopharyngeal airway point when being inserted?
54. How much of inhaled air rests in the anatomical dead space of the lungs?
56. Where is the EMT-B located when performing the jaw-thrust maneuver relative to the patient?
57. How effective is CPR compared with normal circulation?
58. Which direction should the suctioning take place?
59. How many mL of air from each respiration is estimated to remain in the dead space of the lungs?
60. What is the preferred direction of the tip when inserting an oropharyngeal airway into an infant or child?
61. Which position should a patient be placed when performing airway evaluation?
62. How often should the bag be squeezed when performing bag-valve mask ventilations on an adult?
63. Which condition is an insufficiency of oxygen in the body's tissues?
64. Which maneuver provides the maximum opening of the airway?
65. Which is the most popular suction tip in use today?
66. How much oxygen is delivered via mouth-to-mask ventilation without supplemental oxygen?
67. Which term is NOT used to describe the quality of respirations?
68. What is the minimum air intake of a suction unit that is needed to be effective?
69. What should be used to correctly position the pocket face mask?
70. What should the mask be placed over when performing artificial ventilation on a patient?
71. Which is a portable cylinder in use today?
72. Which nostril are most nasopharyngeal airways designed to be inserted into?
73. What should be checked before administering oxygen from a cylinder?
74. What can reappear when a patient begins to regain consciousness that be troublesome when using an airway adjunct?
75. Where should the ventilation port be centered when performing ventilation with the bag-valve mask?
76. What is the blue coloration that results from lack of oxygen in the body?
77. What is the safe working pressure of the oxygen cylinder?
78. What is the maximum size of oxygen cylinder that allows the regulator to be secured to the cylinder valve assembly by a yoke assembly?
79. What is an airway that is open and clear?
80. What is the valve that indicated the flow of oxygen in liters per minute?
81. Which direction should the tip of the airway be pointing when first inserting an oropharyngeal airway into an adult patient?
82. How many rescuers should be used to perform bag-valve mask ventilations?
83. What is the maximum liters per minute of oxygen delivered by the nasal cannula?
84. What is the first thing that is done when discontinuing oxygen?
85. Which fingers are used to push the patient's jaw forward when performing the jaw-thrust maneuver?