Unload Empty/Return Top Hats from inbound Plant trailer
Note: For the 560 Carton/Bulk Trailers dispose of any cardboard into bailer and garbage into compactor found in returned bulk knockdown containers from plant. Breakdown knockdowns and store neatly into no more than 3 stacks 12 high in the knockdown processing area. Once stacks are full move knockdowns to designated CMC storage area.
3. Hi-Lo operator will lift Top Hat off of Quadsteer and load onto outbound trailer
Orange marking on Top Hat must be loaded facing left-side of trailer
Top Hats must be loaded in reverse order for each outbound route. i.e. Load last route first (See attachment #1)
Top Hats are to be loaded on the floor with the exception of trailers that require double stacking. i.e. A 53-foot trailer allows 10 Top Hats to be loaded to the floor with a mandatory
12-inch in-between each Top Hat. A trailer with over 10 Top Hats would result in hats double stacked in nose
d.) Required number of Top Hats are to be loaded per requirements on Pick Loading Performance Sheet. i.e. if Pick Loading Performance Sheet calls for 3 Top Hats, ship 3 Top Hats
e.) Document necessary information onto LOC Pick Loading Performance Sheet
4. Load Empty/ Return Top Hats onto Quadsteer for Picker to begin next cycle. Load orange posts over tongue of quad steer.
6. Do not load past the painted yellow line on the trailer. Material loaded touching the line is okay. It is 2” in width and should extend across the trailer floor and up both sidewalls. All shuttle trailers loaded to Flint Assembly are required to have “Yellow Lines.” (See Attachment #2)
7. Once trailer loading is completed, pull dockplate and put safety chains up or pull dock door down
9. When outbound load is ready, place completed Bill of Lading and dock safety sheet onto proper outbound clipboard. (Refer to WI-27)
10. During time periods that outbound routes are not scheduled, unload inbound Plant return trailers and place returned Hat’s in the staging area. Stack hats according to the overhead visual stack height with the orange posts positioned on the same side.
Document outbound routes’ departure time on Pick Loading Performance Sheet
Ongoing - throughout shift verify that all pallets are loaded in pallet trailer maximizing space. Follow posted cleaning schedules.