Abbreviations as follow: ND = NADH-dehydrogenase, COX = cytochrome C oxidase, cytb = cytochrome b
1. Andreu AL, Hanna MG, Reichmann H, et al. Exercise intolerance due to mutations in the cytochrome b gene of mitochondrial DNA. N Engl J Med 1999;341:1037-1044.
2. Hanna MG, Nelson IP, Rahman S, et al. Cytochrome c oxidase deficiency associated with the first stop-codon point mutation in human mtDNA. Am J Hum Genet 1998;63:29-36.
3. Karadimas CL, Greenstein P, Sue CM, et al. Recurrent myoglobinuria due to a nonsense mutation in the COX I gene of mitochondrial DNA. Neurology 2000;55:644-649.
4. Bruno C, Martinuzzi A, Tang Y, et al. (1999) "A stop-codon mutation in the human mtDNA cytochrome c oxidase I gene disrupts the functional structure of complex IV". American Journal of Human Genetics. 65 (3): 611-620
5. Andreu AL, Tanji K, Bruno C, et al. Exercise intolerance due to a nonsense mutation in the mtDNA ND4 gene. Ann Neurol 1999;45:820-823.
6. Andreu AL, Bruno C, et al. A nonsense mutation (G15059A) in the cytochrome b gene in a patient with exercise intolerance and myoglobinuria. Ann Neurol 1999;45:127-130.
7. Keightley JA, Anitori R, Burton MD, Quan F, Buist NR, Kennaway NG Mitochondrial encephalomyopathy and complex III deficiency associated with a stop-codon mutation in the cytochrome b gene. Am J Hum Genet 2000;67:1400-1410.
8. Lamantea E, Carrara F, Mariotti C, Morandi L, Tiranti V, Zeviani M. A novel nonsense mutation (Q352X) in the mitochondrial cytochrome b gene associated with a combined deficiency of complexes I and III. Neuromuscul Disord 2002;12: 49-52.
9. Mancuso M, Filosto M, Stevens JC, et al. Mitochondrial myopathy and complex III deficiency in a patient with a new stop-codon mutation (G339X) in the cytochrome b gene. J Neurol Sci 2003;209: 61-63.
10. Bruno C, Santorelli FM, Assereto S, et al. Progressive exercise intolerance associated with a new muscle-restricted nonsense mutation (G142X) in the mitochondrial cytochrome b gene. Muscle Nerve 2003;28: 508-511.