i) Identify the element. ?
ii) What type of ion will it form ?
iii) What will be the formula of its chloride ?
iv) Predict the solubility of its chloride ?
Q.2 which among the following elements whose atomic number are given below belong to the
same period ? give the reason 17,10,20,12,19,15
Q.3 element X with atomic 12 and element Y with atomic number 17 reacts with hydrogen to form
hydrides . Which of them is expected to have high melting points?
Q.4 why is position of hydrogen not justified in modern periodic table?
Q.1 Name the element with atomic number 12.
Q.2 Name a metal in making cans and a member of group14.
Q.3Name the most electronegative element in the periodic table.
Q.4 Name the horizontal rows in the periodic table .
Q.5 on moving across the period , atomic size of the element increase or decrease.
Q.6 who gave the classification on the basis of musical note .
Q.7Name two elements belonging to group one which can be cut with the help of knife .
Q.8 what name is given to the elements belonging to group 2 of the periodic table and why?
Q.9 Name the lustrous non metal having 7 valence electron .
Q.10 Name the highly reactive metal that give violet colour to flame.
Q.11 Name the gas used in coloured advertising lights having 2 valence electron .
B) Achievements of Mendeleev’s and modern periodic table.
C) Advantages of modern periodic table in understanding chemistry.
1 Power point Presentation on the following topics:
1. Modern Periodic Table based on the similarity of properties of elements
2. Contribution by various Scientists towards the development of Periodic Table.
3. PERIODIC CLASSIFICATION
1.Making flash cards to study atomic numbers electronic configuration and other properties of
2.Make an outline sketch of the Modern Periodic Table.
1) Reproduction: process by which living organism produce new individual of their own kind.
2) Creation of DNA copy: when the cell divides into two, each new cell gets a copy of each DNA
3) Importance of variation: variations are created by DNA copying mechanism during sexual
4) Asexual modes of reproduction:
a) Fission—binary & multiple fission
e) Vegetative propagation
f) Spore formation
5) Sexual reproduction-
a) In flowering plant
b) In human beings
6) Parts of flowers
7) Pollination: self and cross pollination
8) Fertilization: male and female germ cell fuses to form zygote.
9) Puberty: The age, when reproductive organs become functional,(in female 10-12 years, in male
10) Male reproductive system in human beings.
11) Female reproductive system in human beings.
12) Reproductive health-
a) To have awareness about STDs, (sexually transmitted disease).
b) Some common STDs are gonorrhea, syphilis & HIV-AIDS.
Note: each question carries 1 mark.
1) What is reproduction?
2) Have you seen seeds of rose or potato? Name some plants whose seeds you may have seen.
3) Can an amoeba and hydra reproduce like human beings?
4) What changes are observed in the uterus if fertilization occurs?
5) Define fertilization?
Short answer type questions
Note: each question carries two marks:
2) State the difference between menarche and menopause?
3) What is variation? Mention the importance of DNA copying in reproduction.