Scentsy Consultant's Library of Party Games
Welcome to the Scentsy Consultant's Library of Party Games:
Let's face it, we all want to be able to throw awesome parties! Not only do we want to have fun, but our hostess and her guests want to have fun too. And when they are having fun, we end up making a lot more money!
Here is a list of over 200 fabulous party games to choose from. There are also games listed below that are designed to help with the pre-party planning (helping the hostess get more guests or outside sales). But no matter which game you decide to use, remember, you can write your own rules here! Each and every one of these games can be customized to best suit your product or your personality. Remember, you can write your own rules here, so if you see an idea listed, don't hesitate to expound upon it and make it your own.
THE SCENTSY STORY GAME
By Mary Vose
AS THIS STORY IS READ, PASS THE Car Candle TO THE NEXT PERSON EACH TIME I SAY "SCENTSY" or a word with "Scentsy" in it.
Scentsy is a fairly new company and was started in Centerville, Utah, in July 2003, by Colette Gunnell and Kara Egan. Colette and Kara were two stay at home mom's looking for a safer alternative to candles. After some research and investigation, Scentsy was born! Within that first year, Scentsy was purchased by Orville Thompson, relocated to Meridian, Idaho, where it continues to grow very rapidly. Scentsy has experienced a 400% increase in each of its first three years of operation. Colette and Kara, remain very much a part of the company, as well as two Scentsational consultants, and two Scentsational stay at home moms.
Scentsy offers over 30 authentic Scentsy warmers and over 80 scentsational scents. Authentic Scentsy warmers and candle bars are only available through your Scentsy consultants. Scentsy is truly scentsational, and they make perfect scents.
Authentic Scentsy bars are individual bars of highly scented candle wax, made especially for authentic Scentsy warmers. They are leadless, wickless, flameless and smokeless. Scentsy candle bars will last at least 50 - 80 hours of "on time" in your hot Scentsy warmer.
Authentic Scentsy warmers are electric, and are heated by a 25 watt light bulb. This low watt bulb is hot enough to melt the wax, but not hot enough to burn you if spilled. Therefore you can leave your hot Scentsy warmer on 24 hours a day, as you practice safe scents! There is an on/off switch conveniently located on the cord. Hot Scentsy warmers also make excellent night lights!
You can have all the Scentsy warmers, and highly scented candle bars you want, by simply booking a scentsational Scentsy party. You can schedule a Scentsy party in your home, or take a Scentsy basket party to work with you. You can earn many free Scentsy products with the generous Scentsy hostess plan.
If you are interested in an unlimited income potential, you like people, and you love candles (especially) authentic Scentsy candle warmers, I will be happy to talk to you after the party about becoming a Scentsy consultant too!
Now, enjoy your scentsational Scentsy party, enjoy the other Scentsy guests, your scentsationally charming Scentsy hostess, and most importantly, your authentic Scentsy candle warmers, and the wide variety of Scentsy candle bars.
HOSTESS SCAVENGER HUNT
To get your Hostess in the party spirit, give her this Hostess Scavenger Hunt. This is a list of 30 different types of people. If she has 10 of them at her party, give her a special gift. Each person counts for only one category.
1. A good friend 16. A lady on a diet
2. A relative 17. Someone with size 9 shoes
3. A grandmother 18. A babysitter
4. Someone she works with 19. Someone who lives in a corner house
5. Someone with a camper 20. A former neighbor
6. Someone with red hair 21. An Avon Lady
7. A neighbor 22. Someone who books a party
8. Someone who wears glasses 23. A lady with a cat
9. A person who lives in a tri-level house 24. An old school friend
10. A person who lives in a mobile home 25. A mother-to-be
11. A Sunday School teacher 26. Someone with all daughters
12. A secretary 27. Someone with all sons
13. A bowler 28. A teacher
14. Someone with a station wagon 29. A person with a green car
15. Someone who just moved 30. A hairdresser
HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW YOUR HOSTESS
Have the guests answer the following questions about their hostess. Have the hostess help to check the answers. The one with the most right wins.
1. Middle name 11. Favorite type of music
2. Birthdate 12. Drinks the most of
3. Age 13. How many brother and sisters
4. State where she was born 14. Where she would go if she could go anywhere in the world
5. Favorite food 15. What did she eat for breakfast
6. Last place she went out to eat 16. Last think she bought for herself
7. Least favorite house chore 17. Husband name
8. Type of car she drives 18. Wedding date
9. Favorite color 19. If she could have anything in world what would it be
10. # Of children 20. If given 1 million dollars what would she do with it
Cut a picture of something from your catalog you choose to give away. This item should have a higher-end cost to it. Place the picture in the middle of a small piece of poster board. Divide the board into squares (as many as you want, but at least 50), and number each square. A Hostess can earn squares on the board as follows:
One square for each: Two squares for each:
*Holding a party *$1,000 Party
*$500 Party *A Referral who becomes a Consultant
*Each booking from party *A book party with at least 12 buying guests
*$100 in outside orders before home party *$250+ in outside orders before home party
HOSTESS OF THE MONTH
Offer a special gift to the Hostess with the highest retail sales during a particular month. This is especially effective for slower times of the year.
JUST LIKE MY HOSTESS
Have guests write the first word that comes to mind as you call out the following. Whoever matches the most with the Hostess wins.
1. Husband 11. Home
2. Trip 12. Toy
3. Laugh 13. Candy
4. Cold 14. Music
5. Coat 15. Dog
6. Money 16. Run
7. Animal that begins with R 17. Famous brother
8. Early spring flower 18. Type of Insurance
9. Something marked Grade A 19. Wood to make furniture
10. Musical Instrument 20. Pastel color
Use this game to select a door prize! Put small labels on all your pens with each having a different number. At the beginning of the demonstration, ask each person to write their number on their order form and circle it. At the end of the demonstration collect all the pens and have your hostess pick one. The matching number wins. This is also a great way to get your pens back!
ANOTHER HOSTESS MATCH GAME
Have the guests answer with the first word that comes to mind. If their answer matches the hostess's they score 1 point. Guest with the most point's wins.
1. Fried ________ 7. Roasted _________
2. Frozen _________ 8. ______ salad
3. Creamed _______ 9. Chopped ________
4. Instant _______ 10. ________ cake
5. _______ soup 11. ________ and gravy
6. _______ pie 12. _______ bread
MATCH THE HOSTESS
The guest who matches the most answers with the hostess wins a gift.
1. Name something marked grade A 6. Type of insurance
2. Animal that begins with the letter R 7. Popular pie
3. Famous brother 8. Wood to make furniture
4. A _____ license 9. Musical instrument you sit to play
5. Early spring flower 10. A pastel color
DO YOU NOW YOUR NEIGHBOR?
This game can be played either with guests answering the questions about the Hostess (have her leave the room while you ask questions), or with guests answering questions about each other (have them stand back to
back). Be sure you don't have any mothers and daughters or sisters together. Tell them to number their paper from 1-14. If there is an uneven number of guests, stand with one of the guests, so she'll have a partner. Ask the following questions and have them answer them on a sheet of paper. After all questions have been asked, have them return to their seats and mark their answers right or wrong. Most correct answers wins.
Variation to confuse guests: If you're going to ask the questions about the Hostess, carry around the room
to each guest a tray with several small household items on it, and have the guests look over everything on the
tray. (This is to distract guests from the real purpose of the game). Then have the Hostess go in another room,
and ask the following:
1. What color hair does she have?
2. How many rings does she have on?
3. What color clothing is she wearing?
4. How many children does she have?
5. Is she wearing a nylons?
6. How old is she?
7. Is she wearing shoes or sandals?
8. Does she have on earrings?
9. Is she wearing buttons?
10. Is she wearing a watch?
11. Does she have nail polish on?
12. Does she have a necklace on?
13. What type of television show does she like?
14. What color are her eyes?
15. What color is her hair?
EASY ADDING GAME
This little game is easy to do, You just add figures like 2 plus 2.
Multiply, subtract, or divide, more and more, there is a prize for the highest score.
I wonder who came here from afar,
Give yourself 5 if you came by car.
Were you on time? Not a minute late?
Punctuality pays, so give yourself 8.
A necklace gives you 5, and earrings 3,
Glasses are 9 more when they are on you,
10 points more if your eyes are blue.
Score yourself 5 if you show any pink,
But take away 10 if you left dishes in the sink.
Count all your buttons, each gives you 1,
Except if they're white, and then you get none.
Each bow is 1 point, but safety pins are taboo,
So for each one you're wearing, take away 2.
Open toe shoes are quite fine,
So, give yourself 10 if you are wearing that kind.
Now here's a chance to score you better,
Add 6 points if you're wearing a sweater.
1 Point for each year that you have been wed,
But take away 5 if your hair is red.
Now daughters are sweet, and on that we agree,
So for each one you have you may now add 3.
But when adding up points, boys are worth more,
So, for each one of your sons, go ahead and add 4.
If you kissed your husband or boyfriend today, add 12,
But into your personal life I must delve'
If you kissed them both you must subtract 20,
Because you're in trouble and trouble aplenty.
Now that's all there is, so total your score,
(Except if you're a special friend, there's more.)
It’s a 50 point bonus for V.I.P.
If you'll be a Hostess for Scentsy and me!
1. Give yourself 1 point for every year of your age.
2. Give yourself 25 points if you are wearing blue today.
3. Give yourself 1 point for every piece of jewelry you have on today.
4. Give yourself 10 points if you are wearing contacts and 15 if you are wearing glasses.
5. Give yourself 40 points if you bought a guest with you tonight (at this time hand them the small gift for bringing a friend.)
6. Give yourself 15 points if you drove more than 15 miles to get here to see me today.
7. Give yourself 30 points if you are having a great time. (Say I WANT TO SEE EVERYONE WRITING!)
8. Give yourself 50 points if you plan on booking a class tonight so your hostess can get the credit.
9. Give yourself 25 points for each checkbook with you tonight.
10. Give yourself 10 points for EVERY credit card you have with you tonight and remember Scentsy accepts VISA, MasterCard, American Express AND Discover.
This is a rather peculiar game
It really does not have a name
It's simple to play as a game should be
You just do as you're told, you see
So now if you'll please give me your attention
We'll put an end to this suspension
In the end, whoever scores the most
Will receive a prize of which to boast
Now since you're all fashionable girls
Give yourself 5 if you have any pearls
You may add 3 if your toes peek out
And earrings will give you 2 more to shout
Score yourself 5 if you show any red
Add 6 more for a curl on your head
Now before you think you are going to win
Take away 2 for each safety pin
Give yourself 6 if your pants are tight
Add 1 for a scarf which is just about right
Add 5 more if your shoes are black
And take away 3 for a zipper in back
Now count all your buttons, for each you get 2
And take away 1 for each button that's blue
Give yourself 5 if your heels are high
And why not take 10 for the green in your eye
10 more points for a rose on your clothes
Take away 5 if you forgot to wear hose
If your husband you kissed today - add 9
If you didn't subtract 12 - you're subject to fine
This is the end...there isn't anymore
Who is the lucky lady with the highest score?
This is a most unusual game, it really doesn't have a name.
It’s as simple as a game can be, just listen and add your total and you will see.
You're fashionable and you live in a whirl, give yourself 10 points if you're wearing a pearl.
Give yourself 10 if your toes are peeking out, and earrings will give you another 10 to count.
Add 10 points if you're wearing red, And another 10 if there's gray on your head.
Now count those buttons, for each you get 3, and another 10 if you're showing your knee.
Oh Boy! Now for the big Hooray! 15 points if you kissed a man today!
Stop and listen, here's a stunner, subtract 3 points if you have a runner (in your nylons).
So you think you're going to win? Take away 3 for that safety pin.
If you cooked a mean and not heated soup, you earn 10 points and a merry WHOOP!
Attended church on Sunday? Gee that's fine! Give yourself another 9.
This game has ended, now wasn't that fun? Add up your score and see who won!
If you live in the same state you were born …………….50
If you live in the same town you were born ……………..50
If you own a red purse……………………………………10
If you have red hair ………………………………………50
If you are wearing open-toed shoes………………………25
If you are wearing closed-toed shoes …………………….50
If you are wearing glasses………………………………..25
If you kissed your hubby today …………………………..50
If you own a color TV ……………………………………75
If you have every big appliance you want or need ……….75
If you have been a hostess in the past …………………….50
If you are going to be a hostess …………………………...75
In this game watch for the 75 point answers, as they can help you on recruiting and dating.
PARTY LIKE IT’S 1999
Give yourself 2 points:
1. If you have 9 letters in your first name.
2 If you have 9 letters in your last name.
3. For every 9 in your street address (including zip code)
4. For each 9 in your telephone number (including area code)
5. If you have a 9 in your age. (Example 19, 29 39 etc.) BONUS! 25 points if you have 2 nines in your age!
6. If you were born in September (9th month). BONUS! 10 points if you were born Sept. 9!
7. If you have exactly 9 cents in your pocket or purse.
8. For each cat you have...(they have 9 lives).
9. Now draw 9 dots on the page:
Give yourself 1 point if they are in a straight line.
Give yourself 3 points if they are in a circle.
Give yourself 5 points if they are in a square or cube (3 rows of 3)
Give yourself 9 points if they form the number 9.
Now add your scores.
1. If you have short hair - 2 pts.
2. If you are wearing earrings - 2 pts.
3. If you are wearing lipstick - 2 pts.
4. If you brought a friend - 10 pts.
5. If you are going to book a party - 20 pts.
6. If you want to become a consultant - 50 pts.
7. If you have red or green on - 5 pts.
8. If your name has a g in it 3 pts.
9. One point for each child you have
10. If you love Xmas - 10 pts.
POINT GAME #2
GIVE OUT PIECES OF PAPER- 1/2 piece is good
HAVE GUESTS MAKE A LIST OF 1 TO 15
Questions for points !
1-Give yourself 4 points for each child you have
2- Give yourself 3 points for each child that no longer lives at home
3- Give yourself 2 points for each child in school
4- Give yourself 5 points for being here ! - 7 points if you got here on time !
5- Give yourself 5 points if you put your name on your order form
6- Give yourself 3 points for bringing someone
7 -Give yourself 5 points if you kissed someone today - husband, child, anyone
8 -Give yourself 10 points if you are having a good time tonight
9 -Give yourself 1 point for the last number of your address - ( 5126 is mine - so thats 6 Points)
10 -Give yourself 1 point for every shoe size you are ( size 71/2 is 7 points)
11- If you are a “domestic engineer who doesn’t work outside the home give yourself -10 points
12 -If you are a “ domestic goddess” give yourself 15 points
( doesn’t matter if she works !! And if you have to ask your NOT ONE! )
13 -If you want to pick an item and describe it to everyone after this game give yourself 10 points!!
LET THEM PICK AN ITEM NOW AND HOLD IT
14 If you think you can do what I am doing give yourself 40 points
15 If you would like to be a hostess, give yourself 30 points
NOW ADD UP ALL YOUR POINTS !!
when guests add up their points give a gift to the one with the highest score.
Ask if anyone got points for “would like to be a hostess? Ask to see them after !!!!!!
Ask if anyone got points for thinking they can do what I do and are holding an item
NEXT HAVE ANYONE WHO PICKED AN ITEM TO DESCRIBE - STAND UP AND DESCRIBE IT !!!!!
EVERYONE WHO DESCRIBES AN ITEM GETS TICKETS
/ PAPER TO ENTER DRAWING AT THE END OF THE EVENING!!
** You can leave out the Describe an item part of it as it leads into another game but it also gets them up and looking at your merchandise also!
FUNNY ADJECTIVES (MADLIBS)
This game is an icebreaker. Ask the guests for 10 adjectives and then fill in the blanks.
Hello, I represent _____, the _____ company in the world. We sell the _____ products. I am very pleased to be in this _____ home tonight. We must admit, we have a _____ Hostess. Of all the groups I have ever held a party with, you are by far the _____. And once again, I want to thank our _____ Hostess for inviting me into her home this evening. I am sure by the end of the evening, you will agree I am the _____ consultant you have ever met. I do hope that you have such a good time tonight you will invite me into your _____ home, so that you can receive some of our _____ merchandise free, too. Now I will continue with our presentation because afterwards, our _____ Hostess will be serving some _____ refreshments.
Have each guest introduce themselves by using a nice descriptive adjective which starts with the first letter of their name. For example: I'm delightful Dorothy. Each person, in turn, tells the names of the people before them and then adds their name and adjective. For example: Mary would say, "This is delightful Dorothy and I'm marvelous Mary." You can arrange it so the hostess is the last to name everyone and could receive a small prize.
1. Make up a set of index cards with numbers up to the amount of guests you expect to attend.
2. Have several items value $3 - $10 or more determined by the maximum amount of quarters you might collect you can always have people place two or more quarters in a container.
3. Each person gets an index card with the number written on it. Have a container with the numbers up to the amount you've handed out so you can pick a number for the winner.
4. Hold up and present the item that will be in the auction. Anybody wishing to participate may do so by
placing a quarter into a container and holding up their card.
5. You then draw a winning number. If the number you draw does not have their card up, continue drawing until someone with the card up wins.
*Note: You can tease them by saying: This number is higher than 5, has two digits, etc.
*Notes on Quarter Auctions:
1 This gets the hostess to call her guests and remind them about the party and to bring quarters.
2. You can donate any money collected to a needy children's group, church, etc.
Items needed- drawing tickets ( or pieces of paper ) and a basket to collect tickets in. And 4-6 wrapped prizes in another basket.
Having a long roll of tickets in your hand makes then more eager to get more then their friends do!!
Everyone who get a ticket puts their name on it ( last names if more then 2 of the same name such as Sue A. and Sue S.
When your ready to start your party, give everyone a ticket when they arrive on time (or early)
Everyone who brought a friend get a ticket
Tell the guests that anyone who asks a question about the party plan or merchandise receives another ticket
Guests who book a party receive a ticket
Everyone who wants to describe an item on display receives another ticket - Have them come up and demo the item and hand them a ticket
Everyone with an order form receives a ticket (* You passed them out at he beginning of the party so everyone should have one!)
Everyone who put their name on the order form gets a ticket
Everyone who books a party with 2 weeks get a ticket
At the end of the party get the ticket basket out and pull out 3 names
let those 3 people get a gift from the basket and put basket away
Then call out the rest of the names and they get to take the gift from someone holding a wrapped gift. ( People will try to hide them!)
go through all the tickets and the last 3 get to keep the prize!
*Everyone saw your basket had more then 3 gifts in it.
So offer them to anyone who books a party! You may choose to give them the gift now or put their name on it and give it to them at their party!
Auction parties are used to increase sales/bookings & prompt payment. You will need play money and prizes (2 for every 5 guests) wrapped so guests do not know what is inside of package. After everyone has placed their orders, begin the Auction of the items wrapped. The highest bidder gets the item.
Distribute money as follows:
$100 for Attending the Party
$200 for Bringing a Friend
$100 for Placing an Order
$200 for Order over $40
$200 for Paying for Order at Party
$200 for Booking a Party
$300 for Booking Party to be Held Within Two Weeks
$500 for Requesting Information about Becoming a Scentsy Consultant