1. Being affectionate shows how much people love each other.
2. We are living in a free country; Couples have the right to show their affection.
3. People don't always do excessive physical contact. According to the research from Job-Korea, people answered that they are fine with holding hands (27.9%), kissing on the cheek (27.5%) and hugging (15.6%).
4. People who do not have a partner often envy couples, so they are against showing love in public because they want love but cannot have it.
5. Showing affection for each other is acceptable as long as the couples don’t do it too excessively or vulgarly.
6. If the physical affection in public disturbs you, you can approach the people and explain to them that you are uncomfortable.
7. Affection shows that the man or woman is taken.
8. Showing affection is a way of displaying/expressing an emotion. It’s naturaly to show our emotions.
9. Showing affectioin affects the social environment. It makes everyone happier.
1. Showing affection makes people feel uncomfortable. According to Herold News, one family at a park felt unpleasant on a picnic because a couple was passionately kissing each other (making out).
2. Showing their love with no boundaries leads others to sexually fantasize, especially young people. Students at a young age are filled with curiosity and they often can’t tell right from wrong. If they see couples doing inappropriate actions, they might follow them.
3. Korean society is still conservative, so too much affection is unacceptable.
4. Most couples these days are too bold with physical contact in public places. According to a survey from marriage information industry, some couples enjoy physical affection on the street (23.6%), in movie theaters (21.3%) and on the subway and bus (12.3%). Subway investigative teams said people who perform excessive physical contact such as deep kissing and touching improper parts of the body can be fined up to 5000 dollars (5,000,000 won).
5. To some degree, the behaviors between the lovers are private. In public, you should meet the majority's ethics and requirements. Public place is a social place where people gather in, not a place for individual people. You have the right to show your love, but you should also think of others ' feelings.
6. Courtship is a beautiful and pleasant thing, but if it is in the wrong place, in the wrong way, and with the undue openess, others will misinterpret it.
7. Some behaviors are only acceptable in certain places. Excessive affectionate behavior should be conducted in private. So, excessively affectionate behavior in public is not only a problem of disturbing others, but it also disrespects yourself.
8. Dorm rules say that we can’t show affection.
9. Some people show affection in order to get attention.