The Lessee agrees to require its contractors and subcontractors to take specific affirmative actions to ensure equal employment opportunity (“EEO”). The Lessee’s evaluation of the contractor’s compliance with these provisions shall be based upon a contractor’s good faith effort to achieve maximum results from its actions. The Lessee agrees to require its contractors and subcontractors to document these efforts fully, and to implement affirmative action steps at least as extensive as the following:
(1) Ensure and maintain a working environment free of harassment, intimidation and coercion at all portions of the Premises at which the contractor’s employees are assigned to work. The contractor, where possible, will assign two or more women to each phase of the construction project. The contractor shall specifically ensure that all foremen, superintendents and other supervisory personnel at the Premises are aware of and carry out the contractor’s obligation to maintain such a working environment, with specific attention to minority or female individuals working at the Premises.
(2) Establish and maintain a current list of minority and female recruitment sources, provide written notification to minority and female recruitment sources and to community organizations when the contractor or its unions have employment opportunities available, and maintain a record of the organizations’ responses.
(3) Maintain a current file of the names, addresses and telephone numbers of each minority and female off—the—street applicant and minority or female referral from a union, a recruitment source or community organization.
(4) Provide immediate written notification to the Lessee when any union or unions with which the contractor has a collective bargaining agreement has not referred to the contractor a minority person or woman sent by the contractor, or when the contractor has other information that the union referral process has impeded the contractor’s efforts to meet its obligations.
(5) Develop maximum job opportunities for apprentices appropriate to the conditions of the work, subject to applicable collective bargaining agreements, in conjunction with training programs for the area which expressly include minorities and women, including upgrading programs and apprenticeship and trainee programs relevant to the contractor’s employment needs, especially those programs funded or approved by the Department of Labor. The contractor shall provide notice of these programs to the sources compiled under subparagraph (2) above.
(6) Disseminate the contractor’s EEO policy by providing notice of the policy to unions and training programs and requesting their cooperation in assisting the contractor in meeting its EEO obligations; by including it in any policy manual and collective bargaining agreement; by publicizing it in the contractor’s newspaper, annual report, etc.; by specific review of the policy with all management personnel and with all minority and female employees at least once a year; and by posting the contractor’s EEO policy on bulletin boards accessible to all employees at each location where the construction work is performed.
(7) Review, at least every six (6) months, the contractor’s EEO policy and affirmative action obligations hereunder with all employees having any responsibility for hiring, assignment, layoff, termination or other employment decisions, including specific review of these items with on—area supervisory personnel such as superintendents, general foremen, etc., prior to the initiation of construction work at the Premises. A written record shall be made and maintained identifying the time and place of these meetings, persons attending, subject matter discussed and disposition of the subject matter.
(8) Disseminate the contractor’s EEO policy externally by including it in any advertising in the news media, specifically including minority and female news media, and providing written notification to and discussing the contractor’s EEO policy with other contractors and subcontractors with whom the contractor does or anticipates doing business.
(9) Direct its recruitment efforts, both oral and written, to minority, female and community organizations, to schools with minority and female students, to minority and female recruitment and training organizations and to State certified minority referral agencies serving the contractor’s recruitment area and employment needs. Not later than one month prior to the date for the acceptance of applications for apprenticeship or other training by any recruitment source, the contractor shall send written notification to organizations such as the above describing the openings, screening procedures and tests to be used in the selection process.
(10) Encourage present minority and female employees to recruit other minority persons and women.
(11) Comply with 41 CFR Part 60—3 with respect to tests and other selection requirements.
(12) Conduct, at least every six (6) months, an inventory and evaluation of all minority and female personnel for promotional opportunities and encourage these employees to seek or to prepare for, through appropriate training, etc., such opportunities.
(13) Ensure that seniority practices, job classifications, work assignments and other personnel practices do not have a discriminatory effect by continually monitoring all personnel and employment related activities to ensure that the EEO policy and the contractor’s obligations hereunder are being carried out.
(14) Ensure that all facilities and company activities are nonsegregated except that separate or single—user toilet and necessary changing facilities shall be provided to assure privacy between the sexes.
(15) Document and maintain a record of all solicitations of offers for subcontracts from minority and female construction contractors and suppliers, including circulation of solicitations to minority and female contractor associations and other business associations.
(16) Conduct a review, at least every six (6) months, of all supervisors’ adherence to and performance under the contractor’s EEO policies and affirmative action obligations.