|INDIAN SCHOOL AL WADI AL KABIR
Class XI Max. Marks: 20
01/05/2014 Time : 60 min.
All questions are compulsory
This question paper consists of four sections A, B, C and D. Section A contains 3 questions of 1 mark each, section B contains 3 questions of 2 marks each, section C contains 2 questions of 3 marks each and section D is of 1 question of 5 marks.
There is no overall choice. However an internal choice is provided for section C and D. A student has to attempt only one of the alternatives in such cases.
1.Name the lymph gland associated with intestinal villi
2. Differentiate between bolus and chyme
3. Write any two factors that controls the formation of oxyhaemoglobin
4.Digestive glands and their secretions play an important role in the process of digestion. Write any 2 digestive glands and their secretions
5. Human dentition is diphyodont and thecodont. Explain
6.Define the following:
a) VC b) TV
Page 1 of 2
7. Breathing involves two stages- inspiration and expiration. Mentioning the names of muscles involved in this, explain the mechanism behind breathing.
CO2 can be transported as carbaminohaemoglobin or in the form of bicarbonates.Which one is the main transport? Explain it.
8. Human gut is protected by four types of wall layers.
a) Name the four wall layers covering gut
b)In stomach the innermost layer consists of glands. These glands have three types of cells.Name these cells.
Ravi went to his town Agra 200 km away from Delhi with his father in a car. On the way there was a lot of traffic jam. Ravi while reaching his town felt nausea and headache. He had inhaled lots of polluted gases.
Which system or parts of his body get affected?
What steps could be taken to reduce air pollution?
9. Describe the process of protein digestion in stomach and intestine
With the help of a labeled diagram explain the structure of human respiratory system
Page 2 of 2