OBJECTIVE To establish a career as a User Experience Designer or Information Architect at an organization where my strong leadership, analytical, and communication skills will become assets.
EDUCATION Masters in Computer Science, Queen’s University, Kingston, Canada
Specializing in Human Computer Interaction and Human Factors
Bachelors in Computer Engineering, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Engineering Science (Computer Option)
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE SOCIAL DYNAMICS INTERACTIVE, Toronto, Canada 2008-2009 and 2010-Present
User Experience Designer
• Contributed to high-level strategic decisions, translating requirements into wireframes and sitemaps.
• Gauged the product’s usability by expert reviews and made constructive suggestions for change.
• Designed easy-to-use flows for various e-commerce websites including American Express Rewards, www. brookstone.com and www.bigalsonline.com (built using HTML, Javscript and AJAX)
• Partnered with PMs, engineering and business analyst teams in an agile environment.
• Developed user flows, wireframes, and navigation schemas to communicate interaction design ideas.
CANADIAN IMPERIAL BANK OF COMMERCE (CIBC), Toronto, Canada 2007-2008
User Experience Lead
• Conducted user testing, semi-formal interviews, observations and surveys at various branch locations.
• Developed IA documentation including user task flows, prototypes, mockups, wireframes, functional specifications, for a data-rich application so that it met the requirements of stakeholders.
BBDO, Toronto, Canada 2007
• Contributed to high level strategic decisions and design approaches for multiple brand websites (ex. Pepsiaccess.ca) working in HTML and Adobe Flash.
• Designed simple and elegant flows, and then communicated interaction design through documentation such as storyboards, and wireframes, user flows to client managers, graphic designers and engineering.
• Measured usability by monitoring online forum feedback and conducting expert (heuristic) reviews.
LEO BURNETT, Toronto, Canada 2006-2007
• Analyzed business requirements and ensured consumer focused solutions from conception to the design phase of brand specific web sites using HTML and Adobe Flash.
• Diagrammed storyboards, wireframes, mock ups, user flows, and content inventories to define the user experience for use by the development team.