Description of Activity:
1. Introduce the lesson on analogies by reading the book Beach Is To Fun: A
Book of Relationships by Pat Brisson.
2. Review the analogies in the book and discuss with students the definition
of an analogy.
3. Talk about the terms/symbols used to show analogies. Place some
examples on the board and discuss the relationships.
4. Have students give additional analogies and place these on the board.
5. Distribute the analogy domino sets, one set per pair of students.
6. Ask students to match the dominoes by relationship of the analogy.
7. The first domino will begin with the word Start. Have students continue
matching the relationships (analogies) until they come to the last card with
the word End.
8. Review the relationships as a class and discuss what the relationship is
between each set of words.
Have student pairs create their own game of dominoes using other concepts
studied. Give students a blank domino pattern to create their game. Let them
share these with others in the class.