31. Shackleton JL, Carr L, Slabbert JC, et al. Survival of fixed implant-supported prostheses related to cantilever lengths. J Prosthet Dent. 1994;71:23–26.
32. Misch CE, Bidez MW. Implant protected occlusion: a biomechanical rationale. Compend Contin Dent Educ. 1994;15:1330–1343.
33. Misch CE. Occlusal considerations for implant-supported prostheses. Misch CE. Contemporary implant dentistry. Mosby: St Louis; 1993.
34. Misch CE. Medial positioned lingualized occlusion. Misch Institute manual. Mich: Birmingham; 1991.
35. Abrams L, Coslet JG. Occlusal adjustment by selective grinding. Cohen DW. Periodontal therapy. ed 4. Mosby: St Louis; 1968.
36. Falk H, Laurell L, Lundgren D. Occlusal interferences and cantilever joint stress in implant-supported prostheses occluding with complete dentures. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 1990;5:70–77.
37. Binderman I: NIH grant study on two-dimensional FEA study of 54 implant body designs, 1973 (personal communication).
38. Kinni ME, Hokama SM, Caputo AA. Force transfer by osseointegration implant devices. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 1987;2:11–15.
39. Papavasiliou G, Kamposiora P, et al. Three dimensional finite element analysis of stress distribution around single tooth implants as a function of bony support prosthesis type and loading during function. J Prosthet Dent. 1996;76:633–640.
40. Soltesz U, Siegele D, Riedmuller J, et al. Stress concentration and bone resorption in the jaw for dental implants with shoulders. Lee AJC, Albrektsson T, Brånemark PI. Clinical applications of biomaterials. John Wiley: New York; 1982.
41. Cunningham WP, Felton DA, Bayne SC, et al. Finite element analysis comparing IMZ dental implant to mandibular cuspid. J Dent Res. 1990;69:116.
42. Lavernia CJ, Cook SD, Weinstein AM, et al. An analysis of stresses in a dental implant system. J Biomech. 1981;14:555–560.
43. Matsushita Y, Kitoh M, Mizuta K, et al. Two-dimensional FEM analysis of hydroxyapatite implants: diameter effects on stress distribution. J Oral Implantol. 1990;16:6–11.
44. Soltesz U, Siegele D. Principal characteristics of the stress distributions in the jaw caused by dental implants. Huiskes R, Van Campen D, DeWijn J. Biomechanics: principles and applications. Martinus Nijhoff: London; 1982.
45. Takuma M, Tsutsumi S, Fukunaga S, et al. Stress distribution around alumina, hydroxyapatite and plasma-sprayed titanium dental implants. J Osaka Univ Dent Sch. 1988;28:73–82.
46. Borchers L, Reichart P. Three-dimensional stress distribution around a dental implant at different stages of interface development. J Dent Res. 1983;62:155–159.
47. Clelland NL, Ismail YH, Zaki HS, et al. Three dimensional finite element stress analysis in and around the screw-vent implant. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 1991;6:391–398.
48. Cook SD, Klawitter JJ, Weinstein AJ, et al. The design and evaluation of dental implants with finite element analysis. Gallagher RA. Finite elements in biomechanics. University of Arizona: Tucson; 1980.
49. Misch CE, Ismail YH, Ibiari W. Stress analyses of two blade implants with increased width and length of their neck portion. J Dent Res. 1990;69:117.
50. Siegele D, Soltesz U. Coated dental implants: a finite element study of the influence of interface conditions on the stresses in the jaw bone. Transcripts of the Fourth World Biomaterials Congress. Society for Biomaterials: Berlin; 1992.
51. Misch CE. Three-dimensional finite element analysis of two plate form neck designs. [master's thesis] University of Pittsburgh; 1989.
52. Clelland NL, Lee JK, Bimbenet OC, et al. A three dimensional finite element stress analysis of angled abutments for an implant placed in the anterior maxilla. J Prosthodont. 1995;4:95–100.
53. Clelland NL, Gilat A. The effect of abutment angulation on stress transfer for an implant. J Prosthodont. 1992;1:24–28.
54. Reilly DT, Burstein AH. The elastic and ultimate properties of compact bone tissue. J Biomech. 1975;80:393–405.
55. Qin YX, McLeod KJ, Guilak F, et al. Correlation of bony ingrowth to the distribution of stress and strain parameters surrounding a porous coated implant. J Orthop Res. 1996;14:862–870.
56. Cowin SC. Bone mechanics. CRC Press: Boca Raton, FL; 1989.
57. Barbier L, Schepers E. Adaptive bone remodeling around oral implants under axial and nonaxial loading conditions in the dog mandible. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 1997;12(2):215–223.
58. Ko CC, Kohn DH, Hollister SJ. Micromechanics of implant/tissue interfaces. J Oral Implantol. 1992;18:220–230.
59. Ha C-Y, Lim Y-J, Kim M-J, et al. The influence of abutment angulation on screw loosening of implants in anterior maxilla. J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2011;26:45–55.
60. Duyck J, Van Oosterwyck H, Vander Sloten J, et al. Magnitude and distribution of occlusal forces on oral implants supporting fixed prostheses: an in vivo study. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2000;11:465–475.
61. Kaukinen JA, Edge MJ, Lang BR. The influence of occlusal design on simulated masticatory forces transferred to implant-retained prostheses and supporting bone. J Prosthet Dent. 1996;76:50–55.
62. Williamson EH, Lundquist DO. Anterior guidance: its effect on electromyographic activity of the temporal and masseter muscles. J Prosthet Dent. 1983;49:816–823.
63. Belser UC, Hannam AG. The influence of working-side occlusal guidance on masticatory muscles and related jaw movement. J Prosthet Dent. 1985;53:406–413.
64. Shupe RJ, Mohamed SE, Cristensen LV, et al. Effects of occlusal guidance on jaw muscle activity. J Prosthet Dent. 1984;51:811–818.
65. Manns A, Chan C, Miralles R. Influence of group function and canine guidance on electromyographic activity of elevator muscles. J Prosthet Dent. 1987;57:494–501.
66. Lucia VO. Modern gnathological concepts. Mosby: St Louis; 1961.
67. Alexander PC. Analysis of cuspid protected occlusion. J Prosthet Dent. 1963;13:307–317.
68. Goldstein GR. The relationship of canine protected occlusion to a periodontal index. J Prosthet Dent. 1979;41:277–283.
69. D’Amico A. The canine teeth: normal functional relation of the natural teeth of man. J S Calif Dent Assoc. 1958;26:1–7.
70. Weinberg LA, Kruger G. A comparison of implant/prosthesis loading for clinical variables. Int J Prosthodont. 1995;8:421–433.
71. Manno AE, et al. Canine protected occlusion with and without anesthesia. Cranio. 1991;9(3):212–219.
72. Jacob R. Quantitative evaluation of the masseteric post-stimulus EMG complex following mechanical or acoustic stimulation of osseointegrated implants. J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 1995.
73. McAlarney ME, Stavropoulos DN. Theoretical cantilever length vs clinical variables in fifty-five clinical cases. J Prosthet Dent. 2000;83:332–343.
74. Wang S, Hobkirk JA. Load distribution on implants with a cantilevered superstructure: in vitro pilot study. Implant Dent. 1996;5:36–42.
75. Lundquist LW, Rockler B, Carlsson GE. Bone resorption around fixtures in edentulous patients treated with mandibular fixed tissue integrated prostheses. J Prosthet Dent. 1988;59:59–63.
76. Sato Y, Shindoi N, Hosokawa R, et al. A biomechanical effect of wide implant placement and offset placement of three implants in the posterior edentulous region. J Oral Rehabil. 2000;27:15–21.
77. Thomas PK. Syllabus for full mouth waxing technique for rehabilitation tooth to tooth cusp-fossa concept of organic occlusion. ed 2. University of California School of Dentistry, Los Angeles: San Francisco; 1967.
78. Welcott J. A simplified occlusal concept. J Prosthet Dent. 1989.
79. Jacobs R, van Steenberghe D. Comparative evaluation of oral tactile function by means of teeth or implant support prostheses. Clin Oral Implants Res. 1991;2:75–80.
80. Jacobs R, van Steenberghe D. Comparison between implant supported prostheses and teeth regarding passive threshold level. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 1993;8:549–554.
81. Mericske-Stern R, Assal P, Mericske E, et al. Occlusal force and oral tactile sensibility measured in partially edentulous patients with ITI implants. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 1995;19:345–353.
82. Hammerle CH, Wagner D, Bragger U, et al. Threshold of tactile sensitivity perceived with dental endosseous implants and natural teeth. Clin Oral Implants Res. 1995;6:83–90.
83. Astrand J, Astrand P, Ahlen K, et al. Implants in partially edentulous patients: a longitudinal study of bridges supported by both implants and natural teeth. Clin Oral Implants Res. 1992;3:49–56.
84. Chee WWL, Cho GC. A rationale for not connecting implants to natural teeth. J Prosthodont. 1997;6:7–10.