Human head and neck Rabies

2013 What are the first steps in treating a rabies prone exposure?2013 What are the first steps in treating a rabies prone exposure?
Administer rabies immune globulin and rabies vaccine as indicated. You are encouraged to contact your local health department (see Appendix I) with regard to the need for pep. Rabies
88.66 Kb. 2
read
Colorado department of public health and environmentColorado department of public health and environment
Any mammal can get rabies. However, most rabies infections (92%) in the United States are found in wildlife such as raccoons, skunks, bats, and foxes. The other 8% of rabies infections are in domestic animals such as cats, dogs, and cattle. Rabies
9.74 Kb. 1
read
Animal Bites and Rabies Control for Indiana Rabies is a single-stranded rna virusAnimal Bites and Rabies Control for Indiana Rabies is a single-stranded rna virus
The period of communicability is variable and depends on the species of animal infected. Rabies
229.69 Kb. 1
read
{template} county, indiana standard operating procedure (sop) for animal bites situations definitions{template} county, indiana standard operating procedure (sop) for animal bites situations definitions
I. State veterinary epidemiologist a person designated by the Indiana State Department of Health to assist counties with the investigation of the possible transmission of diseases from animals to humans and serve as subject matter expert on. Rabies
74.1 Kb. 1
read
Vaccination status Intervention RegimenVaccination status Intervention Regimen
All pep should begin with immediate thorough cleansing of all wounds with soap and water. If available, a virucidal agent (e g., povidine-iodine solution) should be used to irrigate the wounds. Rabies
68.73 Kb. 1
read
Davis county board of healthDavis county board of health
Suspect/confirmed rabid animal management any animal that has rabies or shows signs of having rabies shall be reported to animal control, immediately confined in a secure place, and turned over to animal control upon reques. Rabies
139.66 Kb. 1
read
Frequently Asked Questions AboutFrequently Asked Questions About
United States involved variants of rabies virus associated with bats. Many of these cases had a history of exposure to bats, however, not all cases reported an actual bat bite. Rabies
20.08 Kb. 1
read
Overview a severe, invariably fatal, viral inflammation of the gray matter of the brain (known as “polioencephalitis”) of warm-blooded animals, including humansOverview a severe, invariably fatal, viral inflammation of the gray matter of the brain (known as “polioencephalitis”) of warm-blooded animals, including humans
A severe, invariably fatal, viral inflammation of the gray matter of the brain (known as “polioencephalitis”) of warm-blooded animals, including humans; “gray matter” is the nerve tissue of the brain that contains the nerve cell bodies. Rabies
83.33 Kb. 2
read
Know your Neighborhood Wildlife The Real Facts about Rabies by tom piperson & birgit sommerKnow your Neighborhood Wildlife The Real Facts about Rabies by tom piperson & birgit sommer
Ignorance about rabies can be hazardous to your personal health and well being, as well as the safety of family members, beloved pets and livestock. Rabies
31.53 Kb. 1
read
Know your Neighborhood Wildlife The Real Facts about Rabies by tom piperson & birgit sommerKnow your Neighborhood Wildlife The Real Facts about Rabies by tom piperson & birgit sommer
Have you ever wondered about the dangers of rabies? Birgit Sommer, licensed wildlife rehabilitator and director of the Rainbow Wildlife Rescue in Stephenville. Rabies
26.38 Kb. 1
read
On intradermal rabies vaccination: flores island rabies outbreak, indonesiaOn intradermal rabies vaccination: flores island rabies outbreak, indonesia
Queen Saovabha Memorial Institute and Department of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University Hospital. Rabies
44.67 Kb. 1
read
Massachusetts public health fact sheetMassachusetts public health fact sheet
Cats, dogs, raccoons, coyotes and foxes are mammals, as are people. Rabies is caused by a virus and almost always causes death. Rabies is usually a disease of animals, but it can spread from an infected animal to a person. Rabies
332.36 Kb. 1
read
Public Health Fact Sheet Rabies What is Rabies?Public Health Fact Sheet Rabies What is Rabies?
Rabies is a disease of the nervous system caused by a virus. It results from an exposure to the saliva of an animal infected with rabies. Rabies is a fatal disease. Rabies
8.06 Kb. 1
read

  1


The database is protected by copyright ©dentisty.org 2016
send message

    Main page