Division 12- Furnishings
Section 12492- FR Cellular Shades
PART 1 General
A. Supplier: Furnish and install Cellular Shades
B. RELATED WORK SPECIFIED IN OTHER SECTIONS
1.) Division 6, Section 06100: Rough Carpentry
2.) Division 8, Section 08520 Aluminum Windows
A. Flame resistant materials shall pass or exceed at least one of the following tests:
1.) National Fire Protection Association, N.F.P.A. 701 (small scale)
2.) California Title 19, Section 1237
A. Submit under provisions of Section 01 3000
B. PRODUCT DATA: Submit Manufacturer's literature and installation instructions indicating materials, finishes, construction and installation instructions, verifying product meets requirements specified. Include manufacturers recommendations for maintenance and cleaning.
C. SAMPLE: Responsible dealer or agent to supply two samples of fabric for color choice. If needed, supply one sample of each type of each Cellular Shade specified in this contract for approval. Supplied units shall be furnished complete with all requirements, mounting and associated hardware and instructions. Supplied sample can be used as a manufactured product for installation on the project.
1.04 QUALITY ASSURANCE
A. SUPPLIER: Manufacturer's dealer, subsidiary or authorized agent shall be approved to supply products specified and to honor claims against product presented in accordance with warranty.
B. INSTALLER: Installer or agent shall be qualified to install specified products by prior experience, demonstrated performance and acceptance of requirements of manufacturer, subsidiary, or authorized agent. Installer is responsible for acceptable installation.
C. UNIFORMITY: Provide Cellular Shades of only one manufacturer with proven experience in manufacturing product for entire project.
1.05 DELIVERY, STORAGE AND HANDLING:
A. Product shall be delivered to site in manufacturers original packaging.
B. Product shall be handled and stored to prevent damage to materials, finishes and operating mechanisms.
1.06 JOB CONDITIONS
A. Prior to Cellular Shade installation, building shall be enclosed with windows installed complete with framing. Interior finishes should be dry and near completion.
B. Interior temperature shall be maintained between 60 degrees and 90 degrees F during and after installation. Relative humidity shall not exceed 80%. Wet work shall be complete and dry.
Lifetime Limited Warranty. Standard specific product warranties available from manufacturer or authorized dealer. This warranty does NOT include any conditions or damages resulting from accidents, alterations, misuse, excessive humidity, misapplication, exposure to the elements, fire, flood or other acts of God, improper maintenance, or failure to follow use, care or installation instructions.
PART 2 – PRODUCTS
2.01 ACCEPTABLE MANUFACTURER
A. LIF Contract / 3000 Klondike Road, West Lafayette, IN 47906 / 800-342-5523 / website: lafayetteinteriorfashions.com/LIF-Contract, or architect approved equivalent. Contact LIF Contract at 800-342-5523 for project assistance or dealer referral.
B. Product substitutions must be approved by architect minimum of 10 days prior to close of bid.
2.02 COMMERCIAL CELLULAR SHADES
A. PRODUCT: Lafayette Parasol® FR Cellular Shades.
1. FABRIC: Permanent flame-resistant textured, non-woven polyester formed into opaque 3/4" or 3/8" hexagonal cells in stacked tubular construction. Single cell construction; with each cell an independent piece of fabric and containing a metalized polyester film core. Finish selected by architect from manufacturer’s available contract colors.
2. HEAD/BOTTOM RAIL: Standard 3/4" fabric type measuring 1.875" x .460" x .040" thick, Standard 3/8" fabric type measuring 1.0625" x .447" x .040" thick, Continuum™ 2" x 1.875" x .050" thick headrail with bottom rail measuring 1.875" x .460" x .469" thick. Constructed of aluminum alloy 6063. Internally fit with components required for specified performance and designed for smooth, quiet, trouble-free operation. Finish to be standard polyester based paint with a fabric-covered valance to coordinate with fabric (Continuum™ headrail white finish, bottom rail to coordinate with fabric). Ends fitted with polycarbonate end caps color coordinated with fabric (Continuum™ headrail end caps white, bottom rail end caps color-coordinated to sill rail).
3. LIFTING MECHANISM: Molded engineering plastic cordlock color-coordinated to fabric with stainless steel components providing durable and crash-proof operation (Continuum™ white engineered plastic rotary clutch mechanism provides ease of operation when continuous cord loop is activated and holds shade in place unless force is applied). Color coordinated braided polyester .035" lift cord and .086" tassel cord, tassel, and stop-ball (Continuum™ color-coordinated braided polyester .11" continuous cord loop provides uniform cord length with polycarbonate cored tension lock for additional safety. P-clip is not accepted. White nylon covered polyester 2.45mm wide x 0.17mm thick lift tape allows for easy operation of heavy shades). Located on either side of individual shade unit as per architect’s request.
4. MOUNTING HARDWARE: Manufacturer’s standard polycarbonate universal hidden brackets (Continuum™ nylon coated zinc-plated 1040 HR steel), provide a sleek, unobtrusive appearance.
5. ADDITIONAL AVAILABLE OPTIONS: Top-Down, Top-Down/ Bottom-Up, 2 Blinds on 1 Headrail, Specialty Shapes, Skylight System, Hold Down Brackets, Motorization (Continuum™: Hold Down Brackets, Motorization)
A. Blind measurements shall be accurate to within ± 1/8" or as recommended in writing by manufacturer.
A. Color selection of finish to be coordinated with fabric choice based on manufacturers established recommendations. Fabric and Color selection to be made prior to specification publication.
Customer Service 800.342.5523 • LafayetteInteriorFashions.com/LIF-Contract Fax 765.464.2679 • EFax 413.480.4459
A. Subcontractor shall be responsible for inspection on site, approval of mounting surfaces, installation conditions and field measurement for his work.
B. Other interacting trades shall receive information regarding dual roller shade dimensions, assembly and installation methods from subcontractor upon request.
A. Install systems in accordance with approved submittals and manufacturer’s written instructions. Install in proper relationship to adjacent construction.
B. Test for operation as recommended by manufacturer. Repair or replace units until satisfactory results are obtained.
C. Installation shall comply with manufacturers specifications, standards and procedures as detailed in submittals.
D. Adequate clearance shall be provided to permit unencumbered operation of shade and hardware.
3.03 CLEANING AND PROTECTION
A. Clean installed products in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations. Touch-up, repair or replace damaged products before Substantial Completion.
B. Protect installed products until completion of project.
3.04 CONSTRUCTION SCHEDULE
A. Exterior Windows
B. Interior Finishes
End of Section 12492
FR Cellular Shades – Page