|GOOGLE GLASS TECHNOLOGY
(Scientific Research Paper)
Ahdia Qaeym |Scientific Writing | 14.04.2015
Pallavi N. Holey and Vishwas T. Gaikwad
Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering
University of Sipna College of Engineering & Technology Amravati, India
03, March 2014
Google Glass was developed by Google, Google glass is a hands-free, head-mounted intelligent devices that can be worn by users as "wearable computing" eyewear. Google glass technology is one of the latest technology approaches in this technology century.
Google Glass offers an augmented reality experience by using visual, audio and location-based inputs to provide relevant information. For example, upon entering an airport, a user could automatically receive flight status information. Users can also control the device manually through voice commands and a touchpad located on its frame.
The glasses have built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity and a camera for taking photographs and videos.
Google Glass Technology
In this research paper the author reviewed the hardware and software structure of google glass and had a deep look in technology used in google glass.
At first step author introduced the google glass and its functionalities and supposed google glass as a small computer, in second section analyzed the technology used in this device in a very clear method, in third section of this paper the author reviewed the mechanism of this device and how it connects with other smart devices and internet. In fourth step there is a short view in design of google glass and its components, in last section talked about the advantages of google glass and applications of this new technology and finished the paper by a conclusion.
We reviewed google glass and its structure and design this device is a new technology that is released in 2014 by google, Google Glass is a wearable, voice-controlled Android device that resembles a pair of glasses and displays information directly in the user's field of vision.
These devices can modification the medium of communication within some years.
1. Souppouris, Aaron. “Google patches Glass exploit that allowed hackers full remote access.” July 2013, the Verge.
http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/17/4531186/google-glass-exploit-qr-code-patch, Web Nov 2013.
2. Bell, Lee. “Google Glass Still vulnerable to Wifi Exploits, says Symantec.” July 2013, The Inquirer.
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2283687/google-glass-still-vulnerable-to-wifi-exploit-says-symantec, Web Nov 2013.
3. Joire, Myriam. “Google Glass rooted and hacked to run Ubuntu live at Google I/O.” June 2013, Engadget.
http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/16/google-glass-rooted-and-hacked-to-run-ubuntu-live-at-google-i-o/ , Web Nov 2013.
4. Freeman, Jay. “Exploiting a Bug In Google’s Glass.” June 2013, Suarik’s Blog. http://www.saurik.com/id/16, Web Nov 2013.
5. Houghton, Stuart. “Google Glass: Release Date, News, and Features.” November 2013, TechRadar.
http://www.techradar.com/us/news/video/google-glass-what-you-need-to-know-1078114, WebNov 2013.
6. Greenwald, Judy. “Personally Identifiable Data Most Frequently Exposed to Breaches: A Study.” November 2013, Business Insurance.
http://www.businessinsurance.com/article/20131101/NEWS07/131109979, Web Dec 2013.
8. Zheng, Song. “How to run Android apps on Google Glass.” May 2013, Quora. http://songz.quora.com/How-to-run-Android-Apps-on-Google-Glass, Web